• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who would be in the market for Humvee rims for there trucks

CCATLETT1984

I found a source of re-centered rims. you can get them with any mounting setup, and a backspacing of up to 4.75".

they come with an insert to enable the beadlock feature of the rims and you can get them with a rock ring (its actually rebar welded to the rim lip) for extra protection.

I will definitely be getting a set for my truck and am wondering if anyone else is interested, I email the guy for a price and asked if he would give a discount for a group order. also I recommended that he visit the forum.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are for the old bias tires, and the rim wont support the higher weight that radials can. I'd steer clear.. You want the ones with 12 bolts, NOT 8.

M1075

I know that USA6x6 and STAZWORKS both do the recentering thing. Is it one of those guys?

I have been told you can also run the HMMWV rims without recentering. You just need a spacer or a dually hub. Then you would have an endless supply of rims. I have a nice cache myself. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I've got 2 M1008s to do.

CCATLETT1984

thnx, it would just be nice since this way i dont have to find someone to re-center the rims for me.
BONUS= I can get rock guards for the rim and the insert for the inner beadlock shouldn't affect balance as it looks to only weigh a pound or two, not like the runflats. ;)

Prerunner1982

I dont know how much you plan on loading these down, but as far as the 8 lug wheels go, our Ambulance Hmmwvs run the biased tires with 8 lug rims, and they weigh more than the standard Hmmwv. Never had a problem with them.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the SOU messages out on the 8 bolters.... Bias tires ONLY for them. ALL humvees being retrofitted have the 12s with Radials..

dilvoy

The 12 bolt rims can take higher tire pressures without breaking a stud now and again. There must also be a reason that they changed the design on the 12 bolt rims to have the lug mounting holes on the flat outer wheel half instead of the inner as the 8 bolt wheels have.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a PITA getting the rubber runflat in the radials, but once you figure it out, it's not hard. As for leaking, those who dont follow the TM in how to bolt it togther pattern will have leaks... Those who follow it wont..

RSOVRanger

I would be interested in non-recentered versions. I am using my CUCV as the base for my wheeling rig, and plan on D60 front 14b rear dually axles... hmmwv rims will bolt up nicely to those, and with 38" boggers I would be cooking with gas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks