• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's running dynamic tire balancing beads?

coachgeo

I used these on the front wheels of my old mud truck and they worked. I was thinking about calling them to see what size would work on the LMTV https://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balance.rhtml?type=Heavy-Duty
side note.... one of the balancer companies like centramatic also makes a driveshaft balancer that works on similar principle!!! They make tire balancer's like centramatic too.

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced a leaking kneeling valve and a balance bead was trapped in it. Goes to show they certainly can migrate out of the tire further up into the CTIS system.
IMG_0775.jpeg

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what bead product did you use?
Magnum Balance Beads.

The place that sold me the tires provided them, I didn’t do any research, I just went with their suggestion. Probably would try the steel balls or just skip it altogether next time, I have a bad imbalance at high speeds so I don’t feel like the balance beads have helped at all.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Magnum Balance Beads.

The place that sold me the tires provided them, I didn’t do any research, I just went with their suggestion. Probably would try the steel balls or just skip it altogether next time, I have a bad imbalance at high speeds so I don’t feel like the balance beads have helped at all.

no.jpg

Ned81

I was all set to install the balance beads I bought( counteract brand) until seeing a bead found in the kneeling valve. I think the steel balls are interesting but I’d like to hear long term results. I’m thinking the centramatic would be cool if they make one that will fit. I had a washing machine that had the same type of balancing system. It worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ned81

I called centramatic. They told me part number 800-820 should work $225 per axle. I’ll probably give them a try but need to save up first.

cdub0451

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called centramatic. They told me part number 800-820 should work $225 per axle. I’ll probably give them a try but need to save up first.

P/N 800-820 says they are for aluminum wheels only. I thought our wheels are made of steel?

Ned81

steel.... there is aluminum's folk have put on that came off MRAP's
I called to place the order and spoke to someone different. He asked me for measurements and pictures and he determined they will not fit. This time I was talking to the fabricator. One main problem is the airline on the inside of the wheel does not leave enough room between it and the brake drum.

cdub0451

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called to place the order and spoke to someone different. He asked me for measurements and pictures and he determined they will not fit. This time I was talking to the fabricator. One main problem is the airline on the inside of the wheel does not leave enough room between it and the brake drum.

Dang... I was really hoping this would be a viable solution.

Bryteayes

side note.... one of the balancer companies like centramatic also makes a driveshaft balancer that works on similar principle!!! They make tire balancer's like centramatic too.

Do you know if anyone has used the driveshaft balancers on a FMTV?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks