• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why no section for all the International (IH) trucks?

238mph

I'm new on here... been reading a lot and learning stuff every day... so I'm curious
why there isn't a section on International Harvestors that serve...

I know they weren't big in Vietnam, but now there are a lot of them.

I'm going to try posting some pics...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to SS!

Well, I don't think there are a lot of private owners of the military IH's....that's probably why. Second off, they would just go in the 5-ton and up forum (they aren't 2.5 tons, are they?).

The pics have to be uploaded to the SS site. You would need to save them to your PC, then upload them to SS. Then they'll show.

There is a tutorial on posting pics somewhere.....

Jetnoise400

maddawg308 said:
There are WWII IH's floating around, but there aren't that many left of them either.
I assure you Mike, my WWII IH most certainly does NOT float! Shoot, just the lug nuts weigh like 50 pounds each... :lol:

Elwenil

Also, are either of the 2 International vehicles even in production and use in any military as of yet? I knew they were done to try and snag a contract but I am not aware if they ever got one. Either way, as was stated above, most of the site is dedicated to vehicles we can obtain, work on and drive and if there is no contract for the two vehicles in the post above, then it will be a long time before they trickle down to private ownership, if ever. Even then I doubt the International brand would warrant an individual section since it would fall under the heading of one of the sections we already have based on time period and size.
Just my .02

238mph

I have an International 4700 crew cab, and I was looking for a section to see how to
do proper camo, etc... I found a company (usa6x6) that is making the replacement
rims/tires XZL1600x20 for it. Just didn't know where to go for help on it.

238mph

I saw one on a base in Texas, and I'm building one as close to it as I can... from
memory, I didn't have a camera at the time.

It was going into a refit center, and the guy said it would go to Alaska
when finished. It was in a white/black/gray camo, I think it's called "artic white"

So I'm trying to convert this one to be like it.

http://www.jd3.com/zilla1.JPG

Elwenil

I'd do a search on here and on Pirate 4x4 for "USA 6X6" before you ever attempt to do business with them. Daniel is well known for not making good on his promises and obligations, but we've hashed and rehashed that a number of times so I won't go into details here.

238mph

Great, you hit the nail on the head... I prepaid in full for 5 rims and tires... 7 weeks
ago. I have emailed them over and over with no response, and finally called to cancel
only to get a voice mail that was full. When I sent an email stating I was cancelling, I
immediately got a call from him stating my order was "lost" but that they would build
them and ship them within 5 days... Also I called the BBB in OK, the report was not good.

238mph

Elwenil said:
Was it actual military? I am not aware of a current "snow camo" pattern other than just plain white.
I'm not sure... it was sitting on a low boy with other military trailers at a truck stop. I
spoke with the driver who said he doesn't know much about them but that he was
heading to some refit center in TX. That's why I was hoping that someone on here
with a hell of a lot more knowledge could tell me. I did a search on IH military vehicles
and that's when I started finding the pics I posted, but nothing on the white camo
truck I saw.

One thing I clearly remember was that it did not have ANY mirrors... it had small
cameras on the sides and one at the rear... some real high tech military looking stuff
with like a thick rubber surrounding the units. It also had CTIS on all four wheels.
(I think thta's the correct spelling, central tire inflation system...)

It was 4 wheel drive, mine isn't yet...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, CTIS, central tire inflation system. Hard to say with all the X series trucks. Next time try to look in on the dash plate.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
238mph said:
I saw one on a base in Texas, and I'm building one as close to it as I can... from
memory, I didn't have a camera at the time.

It was going into a refit center, and the guy said it would go to Alaska
when finished. It was in a white/black/gray camo, I think it's called "artic white"

So I'm trying to convert this one to be like it.

http://www.jd3.com/zilla1.JPG
That's a clean looking crew-cab and it sounds like an interesting project.

238mph

Whoa, the Commander in Chief himself!!! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

In that pic I had just finished fabricating the lift... so the 53" tires will clear... I also
notched the front fenders. The fuel and batteries will go in the bed so the belly will
be all open for good ground clearance. Electric steps will swing down... I know that's
not standard military, but I want lots of clearance for going off-road here in Arizona.
We have canyons that are pretty rocky... and lots of sand in the desert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks