• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why so hard to shift gears

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Many thanks for those pictures, and for everyone’s advice, much appreciated. I took the bell housing off the clutch, intending to clean the friction surfaces with brake cleaner. But I can’t really see what’s going on inside the cover, can’t see any interface to be cleaned (with or without pressing clutch pedal). Around the perimeter I can see black crumbly material, like charcoal, presumably the edges of the friction disk? Three pictures attached.
I have to agree with the guys... That looks to me like your clutch disk has popped off the rivets on the metal piece that is attached to the input shaft of the transmission. In other words, the piece between the flywheel and pressure plate sure looks "completely shot" to me.

Definitely DO NOT breathe the dust - and hey, no licking the flywheel either! :)

Removing the transmission tunnel will make this job a lot easier. Down from the top is easier that coming up off the ground to turn bolts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks