• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 445/65R22.5's fit 385/65R22.5 rims?

cr4x4cruiser

So, we need a set of tires for our fire truck. Currently has 385/65R22.5's on it. Saw a pair of 445/65/R22.5's coming up for sale... 60cm (2.36") difference... That's just over 1 inch wider on each side.

Anyone think this would not be possible? Or, if anyone foresees any problems. Personally, I really don't see any problem - but it doesn't hurt to have other opinions. As well, would anyone have any idea what rims I might find on GL that I could utilize for my rig? Yeah, I'm sure I probably need to provide more info., but was hoping there was a Wizard around that would know, right off the top of their head.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

- Wm.

Note; Yes, I am aware that the height difference will be significant (+ 10%).

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

As far as fitting the rims yes still 22.5 and the width should not be a big deal. the hight diff mite be the catch mainly on the front. the 385's are about 41 or 42 '' tall depending on brand and the 445 are about 45'' tall but if you look and know the height difference look to see how much room you have turn wheels look for contact points .They are 3 inches taller then only 1.5 inch will come into play!