• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a deuce crack or damage a 4" slab?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Long story short, contractor screwed up the slab for my 30' x 40' detached garage and it's 4' instead of 6".

Can I park a deuce on it?

Thanks

Clinto

Jim145

My driveway is maybe 3 inches at best and I have been driving on itparking on it for a couple of months with no cracks.

I would imagine if your dirtstone was compacted you shouln't have a problem

Monster Man

the good thing is the contact patch is spread out over 10 tires. I haven't had any problems parking on either driveways I've parked it on.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks fellas, this makes me feel a lot better.

Of course, now I'm trying to figure out how to put a two post lift in for my 69 Road Runner without screwing up the pad, lol.

Clinto

Jim145

I take it that the lift requires 6" slab right? if so here is an idea when you get the lift or before if you can get the measurements where the posts will be square out and chislediamond saw the floor, over dig the dirt underneth make sure you remove dirt a few inches off the sides under the slab that you have already have (this is to interlock and make a better locking joint) and use the concrete with fibers too.
Its just an idea.

Elwenil

clinto said:
Of course, now I'm trying to figure out how to put a two post lift in for my 69 Road Runner without screwing up the pad, lol.

Clinto
Road Runner, huh? We've had a few of those. What are the details? Presently we have a '71 383 4 speed Bird. Curious yellow with the black strobe stripe.

MVtrucker

I've cracked every slab and garage floor I have. Still better than laying on dirt while working on a truck, like I did for about thirty-five years or so.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, you should post a pic of your super creeper. Some of the members her would sure get a kick out of it!

MVtrucker

It doesn't in person, just came out that way in the pic. Kind of looks like a rolling
ad for Aervoe paint, huh?
Another view, note the color is not as pink.

Trango

So....

While I did the engine swap, I had the deuce on my front driveway for about, what, 3 months? In that time, we had all sorts of rain and snow.

Yep, it cracked, and I'd say it settled a good 3/4 of an inch!!! :) This is with the 14,000 lbs of the deuce (I should weigh it after the 3208) and 4500 or so from the buggy. I want to say it's probably a 4" slab... I couldn't imagine a 6" slab buckling that much. ....

Bob

MVtrucker

You missed a good one when I sold my 1953 Diamond T. This truck was in excellent condition and I hated to part with it. I came accross the Cummins and went with it. If I told you the T's price, you'd cry. I did...

M215

When I built my garage we used 3000 or 3500 psi concrete with fiber, 6" thick slab. This was my first use of the fiber reinforced concrete without rebar. Both the M215 dump truck and M35 fit side by side, 9 months old and no cracks.

desertfish

[thumbzup] if i was in your shoes i would buy 4 4x8 steel trench plates and place them where your truck would be parked that would make your ground pressure next to nothing per squire inch. you should be abel to pick up some used plates for around $200 each thats cheap insurance for that new floor. just my two cents.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooof! I know everybody calls it s a wanna be but I really like deuce wreckers and cranes. Love the M60 but would never turn down the M018. The purists would like to kill me though because if I got one, it would be repowered multifuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks