• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a Deuce fit my, umm "lifestyle"?

Bobert

Hey Deuce guys, I've been thinking about joining the cool crowd.

I'd hate to sound like a little kid. But I'm in my second year of college, 3-4 years to go ha ha :lol: , aww :cry: . So I wouldn't get one until I have a warehome to call my own.

My dad drove all kinds of trucks and went to germany as a small arms repairman for a while. He told me that all MVs are made for people under 5'8 and that the best tankers are 5'3 with arms like a gorilla.

I sat in a 63 deuce the other day and I could barely wedge my knee under the wheel to step on the clutch. I didn't drive it but it is for sale for an insane $4,500.

So can a well-fed 6'3 guy overcome the discomfort? Or should I stick to the non discriminating MVs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It only takes a drive or 2 to forget any unpleasantness. That price should be for NICE deuce. Alot of guys are getting them from GL in good condition for 1-2K.

Bobert

Cool, glad to hear it.

Yeah this one is at a state/fed surplus place in Iowa that won't sell any of the cool stuff like the deuce or a cucv other military surplus to regular people. They don't know what anything is worth either.

Sounds like another government scam to me.

This one is pretty junky for 4,500.

Attachments

Bobert

Hey while I'm posting here, I saw somebody driving a nice looking civillian deuce around West Des Moines, Ia. Sounded good too. Anyone know or be that guy by chance?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4500 is about the going price for a good runner. I'm 6'1" and fit fine. See if you can find one that is already registered. It might be easier for you.

kcimb

2000 more gets you a nicely painted clean good running truck from idaho motor pool.

Oh, if a deuce does not fit your lifestyle...

make your lifestyle fit the deuce :D

OD_Coyote

Bobert said:
So can a well-fed 6'3 guy overcome the discomfort? Or should I stick to the non discriminating MVs.
I am an overly-well-fed 6' old guy and I drove my deuce ~480 miles in one day. :driver: :driver:
Aside from a trip to the bone-crusher to adjust my back it was a great trip. :D :D :D
I have had my deuce for almost 3 years and I love it. [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup]
I hope to add a pair of HEMMT seats in the future.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Will a Deuce fit my, umm "lifestyle"?

Lots of things you can do to adapt to the cab size. Lots of bigger folks prefer the box seat. Gets you a little lower and farther back. The HEMTT seats are a good choice too. If it has the springer seat, the rear cushion can be fileted in half and still be comfy all the while gaining you valuable room. The pedals can be adjusted from under the cab and if alll this fails, John Tennis sells shortened steering shafts to gain some real estate there.

garp

I fit the description of overly-well fed myself. I take the lower seat cushion out my m-135 when i want/need a little room. Its worth it though

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
6'2 here. I can't jump in like the dukes of hazzard without demolishing a kneecap, but it's a nice fit. If you have to travel a while you can swing your legs out over the transmission tunnel and stretch out. Don't let height scare you. Those 5'3 munchkins can't spin a lug nut if they need to change a tire.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm 6 foot, fit just nicely. But I can say this - Stretch is on this site, and he's a good 6' 6" or so, and he drives his deuce all the time no problem.

I'm 6'8" and feel very comfortable on the spring seat. Never sat on a box seat, so I can't compare.
I also had hardly problems in the Hotchkiss/Willys Jeep or WC-54, but they had much less room.

jasonjc

I'm 6'4" wel feed my propblem is hight. If I sit up stright , I'm looking at the wiper motor or the top frame of the windshield. So I have the hunch over/slouch to look out the windshield.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I am 6foot and some change plus 300plus Lbs and I can drive my springer duece with more room than my 2000 F250 had.I am a tight squeeze in wreckers truck and his has the same setup as mine except it has a hard top.So,each truck is a little different.Maybe swap out a springer for another springer and gain a little room.Did they make a couple different types of deuce spring bases?

Bobert

Great, I was hoping it would be good news. Sounds like some of you guys have it worse than me haha, and can enjoy it.

Wreckerman, thats a pretty good deal, especially if I don't have to go through that GL paperwork.

Right now, I don't have a place to park it and I am busy piling up debt.

I can probably earn enough money over the summer like I did for my cucv, so I'll see what I can do about parking it.

It's good to know I can keep dreaming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks