• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will an M105 body comfortably fit on an M116A3 chassis?

David Dannenberg

Title says it all. A friend just bought at auction an M116A3. I have an M105 body I am looking to get rid of. Mine has no data plate--long story and so I don't have the specifications to compare to the M116.

Thanks for any information.

David Dannenberg
Philadelphia, PA

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, for the most part. Probably have to move the brake handles and it will have a little more overhang in the back but the extra width of the inner fender wells and the 9' bed can be a blessing. It will gain some poundage too!

David Dannenberg

Man, what a story! But really valuable information for my friend. Looks easy enough with his skills and his tractor. I passed it along to him.

Thanks for sharing!

David Dannenberg
Phila., PA.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?108162-My-M105-M116A3-hybrid-with-an-unexpected-twist

from the link

So, I had a M116A3 chassis that I wasn't really using for anything and a couple of M105's that I don't use since selling the M35 that I pulled them with. I needed a "farm trailer" to pull behind my tractor and decided to take the bed off the M105 and put on the M116A3 chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks