• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Willys from CO to KS

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dad had a 40’ flatbed decked with diamond plate steel. I never thought it was too slippery in the rain, especially after years of use and some surface rust on it. I debated putting diamond plate or expanded steel on my trailer, but it's a 7k lb light duty car hauler and I don't have a lot of margin for additional weight. I don't know the difference in weight between a wood and a steel deck, I figure the metal decking and materials required to build up the cross members would cut into my cargo capacity. Also for the cost I could probably replace the wood deck twice.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I've completely hijacked SIGO's jeep transport thread with off topic trailer discussion, let me further pollute it with pictures of the 2x12 PT wood deck I've got almost complete...

This is the 16k trailer. 16x6' usable deck space. The 19,800lbs trailer is going to get 3/16" plate.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks