• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch from a gasser on a multifuel??

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
What will interchange and what will not? I have a complete winch setup (PTO, shaft, winch, bumper extensions, ....) and want to put it on a multifuel powered truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use everything but I'd change the gear oil. There will be a clearance issue between the gasser PTO shaft and the multifuel bellhousing but with a little grinding you can obtain the necessary clearance. If you switch to the Multifuel PTO shaft you will have to buy and install the 4 bolt yoke that attaches to the PTO output shaft.
Hope this helps!

Crazyguyla

It'd be easier to do it with the tranny in the truck.
1. drain tranny
2. remove plate
3. install pto
4. check clerance ( back lash )
5. install shift linkage and shaft
6. refill transmission

that's about it cut and dry. the clearance is ajusted by diffrent shims/ gaskets.
it's also been awhile since a I did a pto and don't quite remeber the clerance needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks