• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch top plate installed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK folks, I got one of the replacement winch plates from OD Iron a while back. I painted it the other day and finally took the time to install it today. The old one was quite bent and didn't want the bolts to spin out easily. Luckily I had the air and impact right there. So for about 90 seconds of effort, this is what I got. Fit and finish was excellent and it comes to you with primer already on it. A few pics.

One day I''ll do the data plates but right now it looks great.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the product report Kenny. I wish I would have had one of those for my deuce as it was pretty mangled too.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks a lot better! I know the top plate isn't structural, doesn't really matter if its busted up or not. But it sure improves that looks of a part that's right up front!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now you are going to have to paint the whole front of the truck Kenny. That pretty new plate makes the rest of it look rough ;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it needs paint. FWIW, the winch was added by me. I liberated it from a 53 Reo many years back. Still need to clean it up.

JDToumanian

Very nice! That item ought to be a hot seller, as it seems that most winch trucks have bent up top plates - A sight which affects my eyes the same way fingernail-on-chalkboard screech affects my ears. I'll be needing a front winch for my V-18A/MTQ, which it's missing, and one of my concerns with ordering a used winch sight unseen (as from Adelmans) is that the plates would be trashed.

Jon

mangus580

Re: RE: Winch top plate installed.

maddawg308 said:
Looks a lot better! I know the top plate isn't structural, doesn't really matter if its busted up or not. But it sure improves that looks of a part that's right up front!
Depends on how busted. If its broken right in half, you can have problems.... ie cable jumping the side of the spool and getting wedged.

OD_Coyote

That new top-plate looks great! It makes me want to put the new top-plate I ordered from OD Iron on my recently acquired winch, but first I have to go through the winch and make sure the innards are up to snuff.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks