• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Wanted

Hm2klie

I am in search of a LU-4 winch, PTO, shaft and bumper. Winch and PTO need not be working only in repairable condition.
Thanks,
Drew :roll:

Hm2klie

I am Lookig for a decent unit but I can not swing 1400 for a rebuilt one so I am looking to see what someone is willing to part with one for. I am poor take pitty on me please :cry:

Hm2klie

I would rather rebuild my own (cuz I am poor). I just got their catalog and saw the rebuilt units. 2cents

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We have just received some LU-4 winch copies built by the Han Il winch company. We believe that sometime during the 1960's they copied the Braden LU-4 winch and put HAN IL in the winch casting instead of BRA DEN. These identical copies have cable on the drums and appear to be low hour take-offs, $795.
Vintage Power Wagons

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start watching your local forestry auctions, a lot of the time you can buy the winch attached to a truck for the same price as buying the winch alone.
James G.

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Winch Wanted

rumplecat said:
Start watching your local forestry auctions, a lot of the time you can buy the winch attached to a truck for the same price as buying the winch alone.
James G.
That's what I did, except I wanted the truck too!

Capt.Marion

RE: Re: RE: Winch Wanted

I've grown up with this one. My great grandfather bought it brand new in 1950, along with the Ford 5 ft mower that we still use with it. They're awesome tractors. Good luck finding a winch for your truck!

ygmir

I have an LU-2, if that's close.........
I had pics posted somwhere here, but, have been searching and can't find them.........
I can get more if you're interested,
winch, frame ends, partial bumper.........500 bucks.......I think it still has cable on it......

Hm2klie

I know the LU-4 will work on a M37 not sure about the LU-2 anyone know

Capt.Marion

I think the limiting factor on that would be the torque and PTO limitations. Mounting it should be no problem, although a small bit of fabrication may be required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks