• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch?

Jmas217

small_IMAG0942.jpg

small_IMAG0943.jpg

small_IMAG0944.jpg

Can anyone help me determine how much this winch is worth? It's rated to 20000lbs and the two numbers I was able to pull off the tag were as follows:

20K50850
24068483L

I couldn't read which was the model or the serial number?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks to be a hydraulic mid-ship winch. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay. Sorry about not having a better answer.

mudguppy

looks like the HEMTT self-extraction winch. hard to say, though. other possibility is the L/FMTV mid-ship winch, but the cable routing brackets look different.

not sure.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were trying to sell it, it would be worth a couple of grand. If I were trying to buy it, it would be worth a little less than scrap price. I'm not aware of a market to analyze for the sale of it. Tough call!

convict1

Stasrt at $ 1000.00 and see if anyone bites.

If I was selling it, it would command scrap prices, if I was buying it then it would be the other way around.

bigjmcconnell

Big Winches are tough. Its worth more to the "right person" but who knows when you will find them. It looks like it's mostly all there though. I agree with convict1. somewhere around $1000.

I have a duece winch I am going to try to put a value on, but I've seen those posted more than I've seen your type.

ecaltd

I'll have to agree about HEMTT or FMTV self recovery. DP Wiches' site has some specs on it. You've got some extra bits and cable with it so you're ahead of the game. I sold a barren on for about $750.00 . Good luck, hang on to it if you can !

gb

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That kind of stuff is highly specilized, and its hard to use in the private sector. Scrap price. If the line was off the drum, and not damaged and coiled nice, it would probably be worth as much as the rest of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks