• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window Regulator Clip Removal

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I give up. How do you get the clips off the glass regulator so you can lift the door glass out. You can't see them much less get tools in there. I tried moving them with my fingers and a small screw driver but no luck.

foxtrk2

got mine off with small pair ofneedle nose vise grips ,not easy but doable just dont squeeze them so tite they snap in half just grab and rock in circular motion till they slide off sideways foxtrk2

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got them off

I got a small mirrow and put velcrow on the rear of it and the inside of the door. That way i could have both hands free and see what I was doing. Then I got them off by lifting the "lock" on the clip a bit. Before, I just could not see what was back there. I hope they go back in easier then they come off!!

M-37Bruce

Yeah, wait till you try & re-install them, might be a good idea to have some spares around! I used crushed a total of three. So I now have one spare. :-?

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, wait till you try & re-install them, might be a good idea to have some spares around! I used crushed a total of three. So I now have one spare. :-?
I have 3 left from my M-715 project. Need at least one more. They were common at the auto parts places like NAPA but no more. They were used in many older vehicles, not just MV's. I took a new one to NAPA and you always get the same response "year, make, model" please!

Memphis has them and I think Midwest also but expensive for a one time $.50 clip.

M-37Bruce

Sid was a dealer,(actually a prince of a person) Ace Surplus, he passed away awhile back. Someone, another dealer in Texas bought his entire inventory, his name escapes me now, but it'll come to me. :cookoo:

TxRider

I always just use a small screwdriver to push up the tab in the middle of them and they pop right off, same when putting them back in.

I ended up with two extra to save that I found laying loose in the bottom of my doors.. ;)

Mike_L

Like TxRider said, I use a small flat blade screwdriver to pop them off. For me, putting them back on is another task entirely but with patience, not too bad.

Off the top of my head, I believe Brent Mullins bought out Sid Beck's inventory. Check over at G741.org for confirmation.

199th mp

window regulator clip

this part can still be bought today, and auto glass shops that have been around a while may have a box of them on hand. they were used on lots of chrysler and jeep vehicles for years, and are still sold by cr laurence co, as part #SC3315. get a box and spread them around to your friends, they're not expensive at all.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this part can still be bought today, and auto glass shops that have been around a while may have a box of them on hand. they were used on lots of chrysler and jeep vehicles for years, and are still sold by cr laurence co, as part #SC3315. get a box and spread them around to your friends, they're not expensive at all.
I agree. They were used on many vehicles and were available from auto parts stores on the "small parts" rack. I think the number is SC3314 instead of 3315? 3314 may also work, just a different way to clip on.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we are now putting the doors back together. I tried pushing the new clips on with my fingers with no luck. So, two pair of vise grips to hold the regulator arms tight against the window frame "slots". Started them with my fingers and used a drift to tap them on. PRESTO!! What helps is the smallest vise grips you have so you have room to work, I used 4" mini's, and having the regulator at just the right height to give clearance. I was not looking forward to this but it was better then the removal.

M-37Bruce

When I did mine, one was a breeze, the other one the drivers door was crazy difficult! I think i did the mini vice grips as well?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks