• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window replacement

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all I have my new to me 1984 Blazer. The driver side window needs replaced. I have all the screws out but don't see how to get the side panel off. Any help would be appreciated.

Barrman

To get the drivers door glass out you have to remove the window crank handle, the screws, the arm rest pad and the vent window frame. Did you do all of that already?

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get the drivers door glass out you have to remove the window crank handle, the screws, the arm rest pad and the vent window frame. Did you do all of that already?
Hi I'm trying to remove the window crank now by trying to pry it off but it's now coming off.
I do have the arm rest off. Not sure how to remove the vent frame either

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi I'm trying to remove the window crank now by trying to pry it off but it's now coming off.
I do have the arm rest off. Not sure how to remove the vent frame either
I also want to replace the window door channel weather stripping. Napa doesn't have it. Anyone here have it they want to sell?

Barrman

Sorry to come back with more questions. However, have you downloaded or at least looked at the manuals available for the truck? At the very top of the page in the main title banner is a link marked TM. There are several for the CUCV trucks. The one ending in -10 is like an owners manual on how to use it. -20 is a weekend DIY guide and the -30 is how to take it to its smallest part, test and put back together. I think the -20 has the window removal steps. If not, then the -30 will.

You need a special tool to pull the window crank off. A curved pick could do it, but the special tool is cheap, at any autoparts store and works very well.

The vent window frame has bolts behind the door panel, along the top edge of the door and a tricky long screw opposite the mirror mount. Once you wrestle that out, then just roll the window all the way up, move it clear of the rear channel and it will basically remove itself if you keep cranking. Then just slide front or back to get it off the track.

LMC truck has the window channel felt at what I thought was the best value/dollar ratio when I built my last truck a few years ago.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi no to the manuals.. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. I've decided this is out of my realm of expertise I have a company coming out next week to do it thanks though

cucvrus

You need an inexpensive tool like this to get the window crank off. be careful the clip will sail out of sight in a heart beat. Good Luck. 1 tool like this will last a lifetime.
If you need fancy tools you can go this route. Snap On for $35. American. That's what I have. 30 years ago they didn't cost that much.
New  Snap-on Tools A159 Door Handle Clip/Trim Removal Tool FREE SHIPPING

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got window and molding replaced but now window won't roll up the last 1/2 inch.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks