• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Modifications?????

devilman96

Found out some really cool news from a glass shop today...

I've been looking into making my own windshield frame since this posting and turns out... Ya don't need it!!!

The way auto glass is installed today is with glue, they don't use gaskets or seals... Just glue... The little black strip you see around a windshield is just a piece of trim that sits in the glue and hides it from view... The shop said my glass will run me $70 per side installed and I will have about 1 inch more viewing space when finished. So after sandblasting and painting the frame all I have to do is take it back to them and wait a few days...

Stock look... Sealed LEAK PROOF glass... Is it sad to be this excited over a truck windshield????

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR, you have a extra one of these windshield frames at my house. Just incase you forgot. Mabye devilman would want it.

Boatcarpenter

Dman96 Google Hamilton Marine and then plug these #'s in the search function
ONG-30992
135787 is also 24v
I buy almost all of my marine gear from them and have never been disappointed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks