• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield seals

bozozimbo

Like most of you, my duece had cracked and broken windshield seals.
It was getting too bad to drive in the rain so I ordered a set from Teds Trucks.
I was dreading doing this but as it turned out the job wasnt too bad at all.
I had a bad drivers glass I had to replace anyway so it was a twofold exercise.
Ya gotta remove the window from the truck and sit it on your lap. I loosened the four screws two on each side upper. It looks like they pinch the frame tight after you install the new rubber to hold it in place. Then just strip the old rubber out.
Those of you that have installed new window screens know the drill, it wasnt much different. You feed and push the lips down with a small screwdriver. It took me about an hour a window, sans removal, cleaning and repainting.
After I got all finished I windexed the glass and took her for a ride. It looks like I cleared up a myriad of squeaks too.
An afternoon well spent.

Jimbo

bozozimbo

Westech said:
i did that to my truck too. I love it!!

For the money...it was quite an improvement. I found where about ten squeaks were in the cab. I hate squeaks and rattles.
Now I can hear that wonderful loud exhaust unobstructed...hahahaha

Jimbo

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm waiting for a little warmer weather and a few spare days. I've got the rubber gaskets. For the deuce I got mine at Saturn. Doesn't look that difficult to install.

Then fix a rear seal leak. And install new front axle boot. I've got them also but haven't had the time. When I was replacing wheels I inspected them up close and they both had small tears in them where they had been on for so long. But that won't be more than an hour or so.

Again, I have garage envy of a lot of you guys. Just a carport. BUT the deuce will fit, at least up to the hard cab. I would imagine if I removed it and dropped the window. But then you have the exhaust that sticks up...

It's a never ending battle. So all maintenance is done outside or under the car port if I'm lucky. What I wouldn't give for a worthwhile garage so I could buy all the power tools (one at a time).

devilman96

A suggestion for glass seals that will hold up forever... Rather than taking them apart and replacing the seals you can do the following with the glass in place.

Cut the overhanging seal away from the glass and sheet metal frame...

Clean the glass and frame, repaint, etc

Tape both the glass and sheet metal off leaving the seam exposed plus a little overhang on to both the glass and frame.

Fill the seam with window sealer or 3M seam sealer, smear it in evenly with your finger

Allow it to tack up about 30 mins and unpeel the tape.

You should have a perfect seal around the edges that looks the same as the gasketed seal did before that will not crack rot or break loose, leak and or rattle... I will post pics on this in a few weeks when I do mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks