• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield wiper arm

biped

I need to replace both the windshield wiper arms, not the wiper blades, but have not figured out how to remove them. I see a tab at base of wiper assembly where it meets the male coming out of windshield. Will this tab release the windshield arm? I don't want to pry it out or push it in if it won't release the arm.

The original equipment wiper arms each have a short pin at the end that's adjacent to the wiper arm. This pin fits into the wiper blade assembly. Previous owner filed these off. I have stock blades but cannot install without pin.

Biped

nyoffroad

Yes, that little button(?) is the release for the arm, there is a tool available for it but doubt you will find it anywhere other than a tool truck possibly not even there. Not to worry, place a plastic body filler spreader (or something similar) on the panel and use a flat tip screw driver to lightly pry up and out on the button, the arm will pop off.

ssdvc

I believe I bought the tool at AutoZone for about $6, good to have in the tool box. The new arms will have a lot of spring tension and will be tough to get on and off.

cucvrus

SSDVC I thought I gave you that tool. 1661689703037.png I used to buy them on the Snap-On truck for like $8. and give them to friends that had the cowl screen all chewed up from using pry bars and screw drivers to remove the arms. WTF. The truck in the picture was repainted and they did not even bother to properly tape the window rubber or tap off the splines on the wiper stems. That never helps make install and removal easy.

ssdvc

You did. However, I lent it to my brother and when I needed it, I couldn't find it (it was in his tool box). So I went out and got another, either at Autozone or NAPA. LOL!!, now I have two !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks