• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WIndshield wipers wont return to Neutral anymore

86M10086.2L

Just last night I went to clear some mist off my windshield on the ride home and noticed that the wipers wont return to their resting position anymore. they just stop whereever they are when you turn of the switch. I plan on doing the checks suggested for the wiper fluid pump not shuttting off in a previous post just for good measure but is there anything else I can check?

jag7720

Just a guess but you might pull the two plugs off the motor/pump and clean them. When I was cleaning my pump to get it to stop pumping I noticed that they wipers stopped where ever I turned them off when the two plugs were off the pump/motor

AJMBLAZER

It's pretty much normal. Mine does this and when I asked over on www.ColoradoK5.com there was a chorus of folks with the same thing. I'm just so used to it now I unconsciously switch it off when they're on the bottom of their down stroke.

The windshield wiper and sprayer setup on these trucks leaves a lot to be desired...