• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

windshield

JDToumanian

...Must not get cold enough in GA? This can happen in any vehicle... Thermal shock. My old Honda's windshield has a crack in it from last winter, it got down to 9 degrees here. I got called to be at work at 5am, started the car, then scraped the frost off the glass. Got in, turned the defroster on high, glass cracked. I think it's because I waited and let the engine warm up before I turned the heat on, rather than turn on the heat right after starting the engine and let it warm the glass up gradually.

Jon

papercu

wind

Must not get cold enough in GA? This
You are right about that in South Ga., but I've been to areas that we still had ice on the equipment in June and I don't remember that little bit of information ever coming up. Wayne

BTW I just had to check, according to the internet

The highest temperature recorded in Georgia is 112°, Fahrenheit. This record high was recorded on July 24, 1953 at Louisville.

The lowest temperature in Georgia, -17°, was recorded on January 27, 1940 at CCC Camp

The lowest temperature ever recorded in the lower 48 States was –69.7°F (rounded off to –70°F) at Rogers Pass, Mont., on Jan. 20, 1954.

As with all Internet facts your mileage may vary!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks