• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter Radiator Cover mod idea

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That seems like as good a solution as any if there's room to implement it. The stock cover is mild pain in the rear to install. Have to tilt the cab.

That said - down to about the mid 20's you don't need it. Below that....we were getting down to 17 in that cold snap and my defrost was having a rough time - the freezing rain was turning into cake icing being spread by the wipers and was not melting at speed.

And if it's that cold - you probably aren't taking it back off for a bit anyway.

Ronmar

I was thinking about a rail on either side of the rad. You could slip panels up these rails to progressively block the surface, or place something like a roller door at the bottom to push a panel up. The shade idea should also work…

coachgeo

Id say a string to pull shade down (and then tied off to side) may be better simply cause the mechanism/roller etc. would be up more away from road grime, mud etc. Maybe two shades? one at a height of about the top of the military one... so still sorta not in as much grime territory... and another higher up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks