• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor quick fix help!

st8drumz

Good morning and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Got a Deuce with plastic wiper motors, driver's side is starting to get "sticky", assuming from swelled o ring because of oil in the system (another story). It works if I crank up the air to warp speed but doesn't take too long to loosen up the wiper arm nut. Anyway, I've read all the rebuild threads and going to do that but need to use it today and don't want to take a chance of pulling it, not having done it before, and not being able to get it fixed/back on, etc., hence leaving me with NO d side wiper that works at least marginally with the lever.

Been reading that I need to use silicone lube in the cylinder. Would it work for today to move the arm (piston) to terminal in each direction and spray some silicone lube in the air inlet?

Again, thanks in advance.

Sgt C

I recently rebuilt both of mine. One wasn't working at all and the other was sluggish. Both had copious amounts of grease...the wrong grease...which made the orings swell. The grease also entered the air passages. Cleaned everything out, replaced orings, and used oring grease. Orings are common sized and can be found at a well equipped hardware store or auto parts store. They worked great for about 20 minutes and then got sluggish. Spent the money on the metal motors in the end. You can get by with a good cleaning and re lube but get the metal ones when you can.

Sgt C

I was told that air tool oil would swell the orings. I don't know if that information is accurate or not but you cant go wrong with oring grease.

Sgt C

...or the oring material? My first inclination was to use air tool oil as well. Turned out to be a moot point because of the amount of grease inside the motors. It looked like wheel bearing grease. I don't see how air tool could make it worse so it's worth trying. Again, the orings are cheap and readily available. Taking the motors apart is a 15 minute process. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks