• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Switch

Boots1986

This may have been covered before or may be a stupid question but here goes anyways. I know my 85 is built on the 84 model but the only wiper switch, the one inside the steering column, I can find with pulse wipers and without tilt is for the 85. There are differences between the 84 and 85 models as far as wiper motor, washer fluid reservoir and what not goes. I just want to know if anybody has bought a switch that was for the 85 and it has worked in an 84(85). Thanks in advance for any help. Here is a link to the switch. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHWS6040

Boots1986

This switch replacement is a difficult task. I have done it one time. I failed several times and just replaced the steering column. Here is my most recent success. REMOVE the entire column from the truck and get comfortable at a work bench. take you time. 1986 CUCV M1009 Decade after being wrecked. | Page 27 | SteelSoldiers Good Luck.
I managed to replace the turn signal switch without removing the steering column completely with a little aggravation and some stiff copper ground wire that I use as a witching rod with my current job as a underground utility locator. Hopefully I can do the same replacing the wiper switch. It’s comforting to know that if I do need to remove the column, I have a wealth of knowledge to assist me in the process. I’ve learned a whole lot from this forum and look forward to learning more about these wonderful beasts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks