• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wires going into rearmost axle @ brakes, what are they for?

I am bobbing a 931 to attempt to sell, I have the axles out, but I am wondering what the wires on each side of the rearmost axle are for, the front (rear) axle does not have them. I'd like to use the front(rear) axle in the truck, but only so I don't have to take it out from under the truck and put the other rear (rear) in it's place.

I have looked all over and can't figure out what the wires are for, I am going to assume something with ABS but it doesn't make sense why both axles do not have them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speed sensor for CTIS, is my guess.

I saw the sensor in the TM a while back, but I don't recall for sure. Try looking at the TM.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One rear axle has ABS speed sensors, One does not. The wires go to the sensors that monitor a tone ring. If you want ABS, you have to keep the ABS axle. If you don't and want to risk ABS lights that will severly hamper your ability to sell the truck, discard it.

One rear axle has ABS speed sensors, One does not. The wires go to the sensors that monitor a tone ring. If you want ABS, you have to keep the ABS axle. If you don't and want to risk ABS lights that will severly hamper your ability to sell the truck, discard it.
Thanks!! Guess that will give me something to do tomorrow since I haven't gotten the leaf spring yet.

Thanks!! Guess that will give me something to do tomorrow since I haven't gotten the leaf spring yet.
What leaf springs are you planning on using? 5-ton front springs, or something different? We have 3 pairs of 5-ton front springs complete with shackles, u bolts and shock mounts for sale. $1200 for the set plus the shipping & handeling. Send us a PM if you are interested.

What leaf springs are you planning on using? 5-ton front springs, or something different? We have 3 pairs of 5-ton front springs complete with shackles, u bolts and shock mounts for sale. $1200 for the set plus the shipping & handeling. Send us a PM if you are interested.
Thanks, but I found a set locally for $400 (with shocks and all bracketry), I just have to go remove them, that's a project for tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks