• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin title paperwork help

vmaxmike

I've tried searching but didn't find an answer to my question. hoping someone can shed some light or has been down this road.

I'm interested in buying a military truck that was purchased at auction 25 years ago and he guy never got a title. It appears that he has all the paperwork and the release forms but it's in his name. can I use those to get a title by simple doing a bill of sale between the two of us, or would he have to get the title first and then transfer it to me that that?

thanks in advance

M.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the laws in WI, but, from what I've experienced in multiple states, that only works if the seller is a car dealer and they can use a dealer transfer form to transfer ownership. Otherwise, as kblazer87 said, I think he will have to transfer the existing paperwork into his name and transfer the WI title to you once he receives it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks