• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woke up to Orange Sun, Raining Ash & No Power

Wolfen

No wind here. Still extremely smokey which is causing unhealthy air quality. Supposedly, we will get some wiond and rain tonight which is supposed to get rid of the smoke. I hope this happens.. I would like the state of Oregon to tell the public why they let the peachie creek fire in the Santiam fire burn for weeks without fighting it. The state still did nothing even when extremely high winds were predicted. The wind, caused the fire to explode. This in turn led to the loss of hundereds of buildings and homes as well as the loss of life.

Chainbreaker

Well some good news...the Westerly winds coming off the ocean picked up and blew into our area around 6:00 pm this Wednesday evening and have pushed out all the smoke FINALLY! I was even able to go outside w/o a mask and open windows in house and let some fresh air in. To think I took all this for granted prior to these mega-fires!

Looks like we will get some rain/thunder tomorrow evening with 80% chance of rain on Friday! I may just have to strip down and run a naked wet lap around the house in honor of the rain gods! :clinto:
Well wouldn't you know it...the Westerly winds died down overnight and the thick smoke returned late this morning. Back to closing windows & donning masks. :mad:

Good news/bad news...Rains are coming but they are now issuing a "Flash Flood Watch" and possible debris flows where the burned out areas are located. Could even result in some localized power outages.

My gensets are ready for action if needed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks