• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won Friday/Can anybody help me

Rebelpride

I won another deuce today out of Forrest Park, GA. Tell me what ya think or if you see something that I may not have noticed. I'm thinking about bobbing it. It didnt say that it ran so whenever my EUC clears I'll drive the deuce down and tow it back or tow it off base and see if I can get it to run. May also need the help of a fellow SS member when the time comes.
Here's the specs.:1967 KAISER JEEP MDL M35A2 CARGO TRUCK W/ WINCH, 2 1/ 2 TON, 6X6, HERCULES MULTIFUEL ENGINE, MI: 14703, HRS: 2331, VIN: 4L-8737-0225-19719

Attachments

nattieleather

RE: Won today, unofficially

I think it could be made to run...I don't see anything in the pics that makes me think it wasn't driven to that spot. Probly dead bats by now.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Won today, unofficially

Sharp - and you have the winch, racks & tarp. The winch line looks un-used. You might want to find a heater for it.

Lee in Alaska

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Won today, unofficially

Rebelpride said:
I won another deuce today out of Forrest Park, GA. Tell me what ya think or if you see something that I may not have noticed. I'm thinking about bobbing it....
Congrats, looks real good...hate to see it butchered though...

Rebelpride

RE: Re: Won today, unofficially

Butchered is such a harsh word. I want a 6x6 and a 4x4 deuce, and a M1008, and a Mule.... when does the disease stop!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Won today, unofficially

Rebelpride said:
Butchered is such a harsh word. I want a 6x6 and a 4x4 deuce, and a M1008, and a Mule.... when does the disease stop!!!
It doesn't from what I've been told.

Picked my first Deuce up last Friday and now I want a 818.

It will never end now.
Sigh.......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Won today, unofficially

I wouldn't bob it - it looks too nice for that. Leave the bob jobs for the ones that are already screwed up.

Very nice save! You did fine....

WildSide

Chase Vehicle

Rebel,

If you need someone to get you to the pickup, I might be able to take a day off depending on when you clear. I travel a lot for work, but when I am home I am free. If you are looking for experienced help, I am not your man.

Ryan

muddog

RE:Won Friday

I'm in Spartanburg SC. not far from I 85, work for myself so if I can help in anyway let me know. I'm sorta flexible on my hours. Nice looking truck. Muddog

Rebelpride

I was wondering if there is anybody in Georgia that is close enough to or is going to Forest Park, GA that can look at a truck that I won. The description doesnt mention that it runs and I wonder if someone would be willing to go eyeball it and see if there is anything major that would keep it from running, i.e no batts. bad engine or something and give me a heads up so that I would have an idea of what I need to take to get it when the EUC clears.
The game plan: My plan is to rent or borrow a tow bar from an SS member and drive my deuce to pick it up. I hope to get it to run and drive it back, BUT if not I will tow it back.

Tanner

Truck looks good Reb - but you should have PLENTY of time to plan for recovery of truck until EUC clears... :p

"Tanner"

Pinkie

Looks like all the big parts are there. Nice truck. I have a m35 that the chassis is bent, I am going to bob that one.