• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won new toy today

Crash_AF

I was looking at that one... the engine is missing, but the transmission and T-case are there.

It's interesting that it has the single front and dual rear... haven't seen that before. All the A3s I've seen had the proper front wheels too.

Later,
Joe

MilitaryRestoration

Re: RE: Won new toy today

Crash_AF said:
I was looking at that one... the engine is missing, but the transmission and T-case are there.

It's interesting that it has the single front and dual rear... haven't seen that before. All the A3s I've seen had the proper front wheels too.

Later,
Joe
I never seen a truck not single in front....

and man I wish i could find a dually... they are nice! anyone got one for sale?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Won new toy today

Front axle is worth more than the bid. I'd bet a dollar to a donut you could find some mud buggy guru needing single wheel rotors willing to trade you for their dual wheel rotors. Jim, you have a PM coming.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually there is a 6.2 and turbo 400 sitting in the shed now also have a line on a 454 for towing, just need to figure what I want. :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal on a heavy hauler. Looks like you'll have to do some fiberglass repair to the back dually housing, but not too much.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Won new toy today

Recovry4x4 said:
Front axle is worth more than the bid. I'd bet a dollar to a donut you could find some mud buggy guru needing single wheel rotors willing to trade you for their dual wheel rotors. Jim, you have a PM coming.

:ditto: them axles wouldnt take long to sell...

but on a side not good deal on the truck.. now if i can just get my hands on a dang 3+3

truck0590

Re: RE: Re: RE: Won new toy today

Offroadfabworks said:
.. now if i can just get my hands on a dang 3+3
Me too, I would like to convert my Contact truck to 3+3 to fit the family in when we use as a tow rig for the Jeep.

Truck

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Won new toy today

I was looking around on GL and I saw a 1991 V3500 4 door in pretty good shape. (Sale: 3337 Lot:1333) You might be able to use that as your basis for your M1028 Contact 3+3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks