• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wondering about a JETA Power MD-301815, TMs, etc

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the opportunity to pick up one of these. Seems to be a MEP-005 predecessor. It is in unknown mechanical condition, the trailer it’s on seems to be in good shape. What are these worth? And are they worth messing with? They seem hard to find much info on.

I went through the TM section but didn’t see anything. Can anybody point me in the right direction so I can learn about this unit?

Attachments

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two TM’s available on eBay:

1960 OPERATOR'S MANUAL GENERATOR SET (JETA MODEL MD-301815-W) TM 5-6115-243-10

1960 GENERATOR SET, DIESEL ENGINE (JETA MODEL MD-301815-W) TM 5-6115-243-20P

Disclaimer: we do not sell on eBay.
In other words: I am not the seller

note:
Wiring diagrams are mounted inside the cabinet / enclosure doors

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the age of the unit and it being inoperable due to a few decades of sitting outside and being a raccon den, what would it be worth? I am a relative noob when it comes to generators for reference. I would like the unit to refirbish if possible for the house. I'm an ex diesel mechanic as well and not a stranger to wiring and basic electrical work.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the age of the unit and it being inoperable due to a few decades of sitting outside and being a raccon den, what would it be worth? I am a relative noob when it comes to generators for reference. I would like the unit to refirbish if possible for the house. I'm an ex diesel mechanic as well and not a stranger to wiring and basic electrical work.
I could not tell you what a unit like this would be worth. Looking at the age, we are looking at a possibly 63 year old Genset. I am sure, there is not many off them left and the Restauration won’t be cheap. Pretty much like restoring a 63 year old Oldtimer.

2Pbfeet

I have the opportunity to pick up one of these. Seems to be a MEP-005 predecessor. It is in unknown mechanical condition, the trailer it’s on seems to be in good shape. What are these worth? And are they worth messing with? They seem hard to find much info on.

I went through the TM section but didn’t see anything. Can anybody point me in the right direction so I can learn about this unit?
That is one interesting looking unit.

It is 30kW, and lists only 3 phase. Is that useful to you? As a diesel mechanic, you know that diesels don't thrive in low power output environments.

In my book, an engine driven item with no knowledge of whether the engine runs is scrap pricing, less the cost to pick it up and move it. If I were the buyer, the seller could add value by getting the engine running.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

2Pbfeet

The price seems about right to me.

Here are the folks who bought out the remainder of the factory, and have some inventory of Hercules parts;

All the best,

2Pbfeet

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has been stored inside like the pictures show, it's value to you went way up.
Meaning it might not be a rat's nest if it has been stored under roof.

It has been stored inside for a few years but previous was outside for about two decades. It's got about 6"-10" of raccoon feces on the inside of the box.

The engine turns over by hand and the oil is somehow not in the worst shape. I figure it's not worth much more than scrap unfortunately. Some wiring has evidence of being chewed on as well. I imagine the engine may have some use repowering some other piece of machinery at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks