• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker power divider propeller shaft CV joint failure.

charlesmann

what is the diameter and spline count? i took a shaft to get the carrier bearing and while i was there, u-joints replaced and had them rebalance the shaft bc the elastomeric between the 2 metal rings for the balancer was starting to rot and come apart, so they removed the balancer to get it to balance out properly. it was a diesel repair shop, that also could custom build any driveline a person needed. might check with the local big truck service centers, which is who told me about the other service center that could help me out.

edit. i know it would require shipping to/from but where i had my driveline fixed was
capital truck and equipment 254-933-7000
but i couldn't believe there wouldn't be a place in your neck of the woods that couldn't build you a shaft and balance it, or fix the shaft you have, mod it and rebalance.

Last edited:

grendel

It's a 12 spline, small CV.

I checked with my place, brought them the CV itself and no, they could not do it.

Now bringing them the entire truck, will set it up to use modern CV shafts in a 32 spline variant.

I found NOS CV's... for $900.00 +

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks