• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker questions

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I was told that somebody "really" wanted a 5ton wrecker. I threw out 12k. Now I am not so sure I want to sell it. What are some of the prices you have seen at GL? I thought it would be too much, but crazy-er things have happened.

gimpyrobb

Yeah, but I worry I wouldn't be able to find another m62. I am not as fond of the 816s. Wait a sec, maybe I could find an 819!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy in NE Oh trying to peddle off an M819. LOL, make sure you deal with cash in hand with him though. Maybe he'd toss in 7 HEMTT wheels. On a serious note, with 12 large in pocket, you could score a pretty nice M813 and have the jack left over to pull the 5 ton bed, install a deuce bed and then get a K-Boom. That kind of truck can do everything.

Barrman

Don't do it Chris! You were meant to have that truck by the way you found it and bought it. Sellers remorse would last for years if not a lifetime on that thing.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
DO NOT SELL YOUR WRECKER.

One day, I might buy an 816 within 500 miles of you and I will need you to recover it and drag it to the Rally!:p

rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have around 6K invested in my 816 (purchase price, new engine, transportation costs and misc expenses). It is still ugly as home made sin but it is a good runner.
Crane works great.
I would not take less that 8K for it and that would only be to stave off starvation.
I wanted one for many years and finally have it.
Sellers remorse would haunt me forever if I sold her down the river.

DON'T DO IT GIMP!!!!!!

Unless of course you want to sell it to me.:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOT SELL YOUR WRECKER.

One day, I might buy an 816 within 500 miles of you and I will need you to recover it and drag it to the Rally!:p

rofl
I know the LDS motors have more power but I'd have to guess if Gimpy were to drag an M816 to the rally with his M62, it would be a 40MPH ride and low range on hills. With that said, you will never get anything quite like what you got for that kind of money. Thats M105 money right there!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know the LDS motors have more power but I'd have to guess if Gimpy were to drag an M816 to the rally with his M62, it would be a 40MPH ride and low range on hills. With that said, you will never get anything quite like what you got for that kind of money. Thats M105 money right there!
Well, he could always drag the M62 to the rally with the 816 and then drive home empty!

FrankUSMC

I have just over 6000 in my M816. It was droven to my farm, and had most of the equipment still on it, and on that note, when taking all the equipment off the truck, get some one young, spent a week with a very hurt back!
I plan on selling it this winter for what I have in it, but my friend Garbee has got first shot at it.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

WPNS421

I have been looking to buy a wrecker and on Monday I saw 2 at a MV dealer, the price was from $14,500 as is from GL or all fixed up, painted , complete PM done , all tooling , whiffle bars, tow bars, etc. Price $21,500. Is the price too high, no the average prices MV dealers range from $18,500 to $25,500 and they don't have all the accessories. The trucks I saw were M816s. Don't forget there is the transport and assorted costs. Recently someone posted GL prices on wreckers and the prices were from $7500 to $10,000 +fees, taxes,transport. The question you have to ask is do you want to go through all the trouble of finding, fixing up and bringing the truck to your standards for a nice neat LITTLE profit.??

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just sold my M816 for $10k.It was in excellent shape with fresh paint,everything was there and working. I had that much in it.I always wanted one then when I got It I never used it in the 4 months I had it.It was easier to use the backhoe or excavator to pick things up.I will probably end up kicking myself for selling it later.But for know I can use that money to buy some other trucks.

gimpyrobb

Well as nice as it is to have the wrecker, and I purchased it for a song, I really would like a longer boom. An 813 with a 30 or 40ft Kboom would really be what I'd build if it sells.

WPNS421

If you are looking to give your M816 a good home PM me. We need a heavier lift capability than our Hiab crane. We are going to double deuce and bob a truck and having a wrecker would be ideal. In the PM give me a price and we will talk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks