• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTK info on SB-86/P and SB-22A/PT

BLK HMMWV

Hi
I recently ran across what I think is a complete portable switch board made by the Kellog Switch Board and Supply Company model # is SB-86/P as well as a SB-22A/PT
Are they worth anything?
I believe they were Vietnam era.

Thanks
George

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 86 is Vietnam era, as well as the 22. 86 weighs 195 pounds w/o batteries and normally comes with a single 30 line patch panel. A second panel can be added to give a total of 60 lines. There are pictures in the internet of two or three of them tied together as divisional switchboards in Vietnam. The 22 was generally used at the company and battalion levels, with larger units stacking a second unit on top of the original one and putting in the extra five line packs in place of the operator pack - a total of 29 lines. I won an 86 at a GL auction a couple of years ago, four months later it was reclassified as demil "Q" and returned. That sucker was as brand new (rebuilt) - anyway that's life. Is the 22 in a metal or fiberglass case? Fiberglass was the latest (22A) variant. Make sure the battery case and the headphone is present and working on any 22 you look at. Replacement battery cases are unobtainium, and the headphone (operators equipment) is not easy to find (any of the three variants). Covers (top) are also scarce, especially if you are missing one and looking! Brooke Clarke has some good info on his PRC68 site (and I'm the Mike he refers to in the 22 writeup).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard,
I have six fully operational SB-22's and about 40 field phones. Running the wire (and collecting it back up when we break camp) is the killer! I also have about 27 miles of WD-1A but do not like leaving it scattered about the countryside. Four each 33,600 foot spools and a bunch of one mile and smaller spools, the CS-34's with tools, the RL-39's and RL-31's and I'm working on a system of 'telephone poles' using camo section poles for use in a base camp situation. But the MKT comes first!!!! Too many irons in the fire!

HORNETD

Richard,
I have six fully operational SB-22's and about 40 field phones. Running the wire (and collecting it back up when we break camp) is the killer! I also have about 27 miles of WD-1A but do not like leaving it scattered about the countryside. Four each 33,600 foot spools and a bunch of one mile and smaller spools, the CS-34's with tools, the RL-39's and RL-31's and I'm working on a system of 'telephone poles' using camo section poles for use in a base camp situation. But the MKT comes first!!!! Too many irons in the fire!
Can you refer me to someone who repairs the TA-838/TT instruments?

Tom Horne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks