• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Tank at Camp Shelby DRMO?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is peeking out of the corner of this recently taken GL pic??? Location: Bldg 6520, Camp Shelby, MS. Need intel!

Attachments

M135CDN

Sexton verses M7

The Sexton was the Canadian manufactured equivelant of the M7. The M7 had 105MM gun and pulpit machine gun. The Canadian Sexton had the standard Commonwealth 25 pound howitzer and bow machine gun. A google search will show the differances.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'd think if it was part of a display it would be on a pad, not sitting in the dirt, and it looks a little "threadbare" sitting there. Hope they're not doing with those what they did with the amphibs the Marine Base in San Diego had. TRAGIC. And alot of those were one of a kind units besides. Last I heard most were in a scrap depot in Twenty-Nine Palms.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got the 411 on that vehicle when I was there last year.
It is a self propelled gun..can't remember the nomenclature.
It is a "gate guardian" that was sent there to be painted.
The refurb shop that usually does the painting is busy rebuilding M900 series vehicles so the vehicle sits there until the shop has time to paint it
The Col. that runs the facility gave me the nickle tour and I got to see some real cool stuff.

emr

A mobile artillery unit .M7 priest, initial vehicles were on the M3 chassie, latter the M4...radial engine 9 cylinders, 350hp, designed to provide armored units with mobile artillery, there are a few out there i have noticed, there are 2 behind the Morristown Armory in NJ, There is a good Guard museum in Sea Girt, the MTA has helped restore a few vehicles to look good for them , we are hoping they make it there.....This is an American design , a 105 mm like said with one 50 cal standard equipment...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks