• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 Mystery numbers

Jones

Bjorn,
The number over your glove box might be an agency tally number (my donor LVS cab for the baby HEMTT project had a similar plate with number that turned out to the USMC inventory number) The other number sure looks like a manual number and I'm pretty sure some branches like the Air Force and Navy called their books something other than Technical Manuals which would explain the B1O(?) prefix.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
I am nearby - but my glasses aren't! Can you post the numbers shown in the photos - I simply can'tr read them. Be glad to take a look.

David

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number above the glove compartment is 220-1-118.
The number above the data tag is shown in the rubbings, but is somewhat hard to read. It could be B10 9-2320-230-90-1.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Hmm.....well, did the truck come direct from DRMO to the civilian world, or did it pass through a forest service, etc. The first number looks much like an inventory control number from a state agency. The second number is more puzzling - the B10 sounds much like a figure number from a TM, but thet -90-1 is new to me.

Do you have TM 9-2320-230-ESC? I don't, but it may shed some light on this.

Regards,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks