• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM816 Gets To Work

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled the XM816 out today to remove the dump bed off the back of my M52A2 and turn it back into a tractor. Everything went as planned, no surprises.

It was a good day!

Attachments

JAYHAWK 1962

congrats!! isn't it nice to finish a job without any bs to get in the way. doesn't happen very often so we should appreciate/enjoy it when it does. i know i do. how many times has that 15 minute job turned into a 5 hour fiasco? btw nice wrecker!

brianrbull

Kevin, good looking wrecker , Nice paint job, I am jealous when they did my paint job they blasted my boom but didnt paint it :(
Any Idea what that bed weighs? I have an S-280 that I want to load into one og my M35's but I am scared of bending the boom.
Also is that you rPioneer equipment mounted by the cupola?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Brian, is the s280 full of lead? I have removed and installed them with no problem. They were close to empty though.

brianrbull

The Shelter is basicaly empty other than 2 18k a/c's I guess I am just paranoid . When I go home on leave I will play with it I guess. any guess what the "Real" limit is with the boom fully extended?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My boom will tip the truck before anything breaks. But my truck is a M108 and weighs a lot less.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, happines is a day relatively free of trouble. It also helps to have competent freinds around.

The pioneer rack was in that position when I bought the truck. As Tim mentioned, I've seen many in this position as well.

The dump was fab'd from military and civi parts. You can't see it but the ram is under there as well. It was built by a previous owner.

Weight of the bed? Don't know. Well below the limit with the boom extended though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks