• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818-- M127

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ugh...more scrap iron heading to be turned into tanks and AK47s in China. Sign o the times, I guess...

Good pics of your rigs, though. Does the bed belong to a truck of yours?

ida34

Dave,
The load to scrap looked like it had part of a Dearborn Loader for ford tractors. Do you happen to still have the bucket for the loader? A long shot I know.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got my trailer with all the sideboards they are heavy too. I built a top over the trailer with 4X4's and plywood then covered it with a big tarp to store things in while I came over to Korea, sorry no pictures of it I was too busy getting it ready just before I deployed. I wanted the top to be tall enough for me to walk in without ducking. The nice thing about the original sideboards is they are all good mahogany and it is really pretty when you clean it up.

jatonka

If you think the M52 worked hard pullin the M127 uphill empty, you oughta try pulling an M127 with the side racks on with an M275A2!!!!!!!! The 1st time I did it I thought the trailer brakes were dragging. I guess a deuce tractor wasn't supposed to pull much weight. John T

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried pulling that 127 with the 819 yet? I've never seen anyone tow a semi trailer with an 819.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Pulling an M 127

The wierd thing about pulling it with the M52 and having trouble going up hill was that I pulled it and the dolly convertor I made all the way from Lakehurst with my duece and it pulled it much better than the M 52.

I am not saying I can't get the M52 running better but that is why I am getting an M 818. Moving weight is all about horsepower. I know the way I had the M52 up with an electric fuel pump I may have been putting in too much fuel or some other issue and the problems I had with the fuel tank being temporarily mounted above the tool box made the truck trailer a left turn only if the turn was tight. The original tanks had so much gum in them that I never would have made if from the VMVM to home if I had put fuel in them. I did not have time to finish cleaning the tanks before I had to get it home.

It looks like the M 818 has a longer wheelbase too is that obvious or am I seeing things? Don't forget I am old

Attachments

Recovry4x4 said:
Tried pulling that 127 with the 819 yet? I've never seen anyone tow a semi trailer with an 819.
and you probably wont see any one pulling a (regular) semi trailer with one as there is not enough clearance at the front of the trailer. it will hit the box and frame behind the crane. I am going to strech my XM819 to correct this problem. the narrow neck trailers with a forward pin set is the only way unless a dolly is used. and to use the dolly it must be modified like i did mine or it wont work. these 819's are a different breed.

ida34 said:
Dave,
The load to scrap looked like it had part of a Dearborn Loader for ford tractors. Do you happen to still have the bucket for the loader? A long shot I know.
you are correct on the loader brand. the bucket however i gave to a friend for his mean ole Alice. i dont know if he used it or not but i will check with him on Sunday as we are having lunch together. it's funny as i picked up that loader 10 or 11 years ago and never used it and tried to give it away for 3 or 4 years before deciding to scrap it. never fails tho, as soon as it's gone a home appears for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks