• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yanmar oil drain adapter

coyotegray

I have a couple of 3kw generators with the Yanmar conversion. They run great but I would like to make changing the oil easier.

It looks like the drain plug is metric, m16X1.5. I'm trying to find an adapter to go to 3/8 mpt or fpt so I can install a valve and drain hose...

Any ideas.

As a last resort I found the correct size bolt at ACE hardware that I can bore out to make an adapter...

Isaac-1

The little Yanmar L40 powered fresh water pump I bought from GL a couple of weeks ago has such a setup with a hose that connects to the engine then a remote drain plug on the outside of the ASK housing. It is NSN 4320-01-338-8010 and there is a parts TM online for it, but I don't have it handy.

Ike

here is is

www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-4320-316-24P.pdf

parts 23-36 on Figure 1 Page 3 of 4

Last edited:

coyotegray

The little Yanmar L40 powered fresh water pump I bought from GL a couple of weeks ago has such a setup with a hose that connects to the engine then a remote drain plug on the outside of the ASK housing. It is NSN 4320-01-338-8010 and there is a parts TM online for it, but I don't have it handy.

Ike

here is is

www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-4320-316-24P.pdf

parts 23-36 on Figure 1 Page 3 of 4
Thanks!!

By looking at this manual I found the part TM for a larger pump unit and it took me to quickvalve.com and I was able to search for a smaller version... Perfect!!

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f108n-valve.html

Not cheap, but better than cobbling it together unnecessarily..

ETA - Free USPS shipping from Quickvalve too!!

Last edited: