• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year end carnival attendance

dmetalmiki

Had an invite to the local town carnival Saturday. Fine weather, and decided to parade the M45 530C and the Gamma goat. Also put a WW11. Willys Jeep on static display for the local Air force Cadet recruitment drive. HA! but THEN the "boss" of the cadets suggested a ride in the goat for the cadets with recruitment banners etc. Of course willing to oblige so I let a friend drive the goat with the cadets in back, and I drove the Fire Truck, which now had two cadets in "residence" as well. In the SLOW drive up the town they exchanged positions so that they could take turns sounding the, bells, horns, and sirens, When the parade was over profuse thank you's and hand shakes proffered by the score.
The two "manning my fire truck" came to me with our (now older..19!) "apprentice" to ask if they could have a chance to work or assist on all or any of our vehicles. After some deliberation I agreed for them to try it out. My friend and I then retired to our barn for the brown and red stuff... Being late we left the trucks outside for the night.
Sunday.mobile rings.. Sleepy...We are outside says a voice..Yep it's the two cadets..As they had asked if the fire truck "worked" (no, and has not for 5 years!) they promptly persuaded me to commence to work out and fix it to...."fire the hose" and Turret.
Long story short, 5 hours later and much poring over the T.M.s we had the methods worked out, and finally had the primer working as, with a WHOOSH water cascaded everywhere!.(and).we were all soaked..as it came out top bottom cab engine sides! ..A quick shut down, and links and rods were repaired, hoses changed or bypassed, Much adjusting and crawling about underneath (by the YOUNG un's!) and a re-start and with one manning the cab, one on the turret, Me on the side controls..(and a full tank of water) Success!..fired like a good one, no leaks. A VERY successful and satisfying conclusion to a hard days efforts. I am more than happy for the result, and apparently..we have gained two very keen and able "apprentices".. so just maybe We (old un's) CAN keep our trucks and hobby going a while...yet.

https://youtu.be/B47PhxtrRZY

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

More pictures, Maybe We should?, Encourage the two new helpers to sign up to steel soldiers.. As they have expressed the desire "adopt" a (chosen) Vehicle each.

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent pictures and the cadets look like they are enjoying the Gama Goat. What town is this and what were the girls crowned for?

The car looks like a candidate for a Mad Max movie.

Bert

dmetalmiki

Indeed, the two lads are now "Enlisted" as helpers as of todays date.
The girls were competing to be carnival queen I believe.
The town is Burnham On Crouch Essex.
You win a cookie for reconizing the "car" as indeed it was supposed to represent the Mad Max vehicle. (and) no one batted an eyelid..not even the..police as it drove around!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks