• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year of MK48/14

Spdracr

I am trying to title my MK48/14. I finally found the serial number plate. It was covered with water proofing rubber. I had to knock it off and heat the plate up and scrape and steel wool until I can see the numbers. Barely but they are there. The only thing I have left is the year of the truck. I want to get it right. My question is, and this may be in the wrong section, but can someone look at the serial number and tell me the year of the truck. It is a USMC MK48/14. If someone can I will post the number for them. Thanks for any help.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to title my MK48/14. I finally found the serial number plate. It was covered with water proofing rubber. I had to knock it off and heat the plate up and scrape and steel wool until I can see the numbers. Barely but they are there. The only thing I have left is the year of the truck. I want to get it right. My question is, and this may be in the wrong section, but can someone look at the serial number and tell me the year of the truck. It is a USMC MK48/14. If someone can I will post the number for them. Thanks for any help.
Post your information in this thread . Read post #1 on how to post it.
[h=1]2016 VIN INFO Thread, Please Read.[/h]

Spdracr

I won't be able to search it more than likely. Unless it happened to serve in the Army
Thanks for reply. I might just trying calling Oshkosh. Maybe I can get someone nice and help me if I get lucky. I have a M977 and it is a 1988 and I thought I could figure a logic to the number and year but doesn't really look like it. I sure someone could that has dealt with this stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks