• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yellow Freight Shuts Down

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't say I'm displeased at them going under. My local YRC delivery guy said the writing was on the wall since last October and many of the "lifers" had already begun jumping ship. They've had about a 50% misdelivery or damage rate with my LTL shipments. They're the reason my NOS military air compressor took a tour around the Eastern seaboard for 3 weeks on it's way from Colorado to Texas. Stupid stuff. Poor management.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everybody has different experiences but I could not say that YRC smashed up the freight that much more than XPO, ABF or OD.

But for sure they were the cheapest. Now I imagine we will pay more for the same damages.

Time, effort, and expense must be expended to develop packaging that will survive today's freight systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks