• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet ANOTHER Addition

dmetalmiki

So I was contemplating "cutting back" on the collection..And as ALLWAYS..yes!..but but but but AFTER "this one"
Goes well with the M series. Came with spares..New tires,( 650-16 needs 750s) new brakes clutch lights. (needs combats at the rear) Exellent engine. We collected it from Scotland (about 200 miles away.) And we set off at 7 a.m. saturday morning. Having arranged to use friends trailer who we qould meet at the collection point. (a motorway services). Got there as the phone rings..Sorry but the wheel bearings packed up on the trailer says friend!) (We have a straight bar but this is not legal on motorways and bye roads are a pain ( ..S....so NOW we have about £80 to find for fuel, plus Rover Montego fuel for the trip home. No worries says my lad.. I will drive it..(easy you think) relative that it's COLD freezing windy and it's starting to rain , and sleet!..No side screens or doors on the jeep. So we set off after checking the fuel tank which seems about 3/4 full of the "gold juice". (montego is still over half full of...........MULTIFUEL! (with aqtf). So off we go..and It Siles down with a vengeance! and blows fit to bust..But the lad stiocly perciveres..OK with the fitted Electric Wipers. We cruise home at 55 MPH stop one for fodder and hot drink!..NO fuel top ups tho' Arrive home in 3 1/2 hours..Check fuel on the jeep and the tank still has about a third left! I am VERY impressed. The lad reports it drove superbly and he never used over 1/4 throttle all the way. Never shifted once from High gear!. So we have only a little work to do to complete the re- militarizing of it.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

just noticed

the switches..My lad says they switch on rh and lh Electric wipers. (he drove it back)..would you believe I have not even driven it yet! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks