• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yo from the Capital region

Blu88

Just saying hello. The closest thing I have to a military vehicle are the HMMVW 36 in goodyear's I run on my dodge ram and a couple of the 8 bolt beadlocks. I joined cuz I like boobed M35's, like looking at pics of them, and I am thinking of just getting into a deuce (gotta get rid of my ZJ first, and then there is the whole wife thing.... why don't they understand????)

Anyway hello and wish me luck in getting one.

Blu88

I meant bobbed..........well I am just gonna leave it. no point in editing the post.

Lots of good info on here. I spent 4 hours just reading on bobbed trucks, and trying to learn as much as I can about M35a3's. and in case you are wondering why those, is because all deuces were ugly as sin, and I can't drive a manual. Never had a military driver's license but I have driven gators, CUCV, HMMWV, Uparmored and vismod M998's. I'm sure I'll eventually get the chance to drive an LMTV, just for GP. Notice how they are all auto, not stick. :lol:

Anyway i have a lot to learn and I am sure the tools, jacks and my driveway will all have to be upgraded to get into this hobby. I imagine I am gonna need stuff in the 20 ton range and 3/4 in drive stuff. I learn as I go. enough running on a tangent. Thanks for letting me play

saddamsnightmare

February 17th, 2010.

Blu88:

Check on GL, if Red River Army Depot in Texarkana ever breaks loose with that field of overhauled Deuces, you can get them both boobed and unboobed (I couldn't resist, sorry).I had to pick a genset up there in May 2008 and I was positively drooling at the neat variety of military equipment waiting for a call to serve.....

And have fun down in Austin, it's much to hairy as to driving and much too far for either my Unimog or M35A2 to go, anyway.... Also be aware if you have a Home Owners Association where you reside you may be persona non grata with anything military on the property...:-(

2cents
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)

Blu88

Not a member of a HOA and you should have seen the '80 wagoneer that took two months to tear apart on my front driveway, and my 85 s10 that became a lawn ornament until I sold it, and my 93 ZJ that has been in and out of my garage for the last year in various stages of disrepair, and my axle swap project on my 01 ram, and my in laws 19 ft cutty cabin getting pulled around the yard and driveway getting serviced..........

It's the wife I'm worried about

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks