• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

you gotta check out this 6x6 Power Wagon

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

xm708

m37 spare holder

That is about the most useful door spare tire carrier for an m37 I have ever seen!!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that is one pretty truck. Wonder if he has a short bed for it if you take off the 5th wheel.

I'd sell the M35 in a heart beat for that truck.

TGP (IL)

I talked to Bob last week and he informed me a Fellow from TX bought the truck.
The truck is awesome up close too.
His skills and eye for detail are amazing.
It's been to the IA rally several years now.
Tom

Attachments

nattieleather

@TGP Tom do you know any other details about the truck? What did he use for the frame and rear axles? Any build specifics that his add didn't go into detail about that you might be able to share?

Danger Ranger

OK, I found these pics of it on Pirate4x4, of which I am not a member, I just googled...
And here are the stats on the thing from the ad, since it is sold:

1952 Dodge Power Wagon Custom 6x6---Restoration completed in the spring of 2006. The truck has 8,000 miles on it.
Engine: 1992 12 valve 5.9 Liter Cummins 6 cylinder Diesel (used).
Turbocharged, Rebuilt Bosch rotary injector pump, 6 rebuilt fuel injectors
New front and rear crankshaft oil seals, New oil pan gasket, New rocker arm cover gaskets, New intake and exhaust gaskets, New timing cover gasket
Re-cored original style radiator
Re-cored charge air cooler from “92” ¾ ton Dodge pick-up
Rebuilt alternator, starter and power steering pump
Stock vacuum pump
New cooling fan, fan belt, idler pulleys with bearings
New fuel lift pump, fuel heater and water in fuel sensor.
Water in fuel sensor is connected to an indicator light on the dashboard.
New intake air temperature sensor
K&N cleanable air filter with dust sleeve
Engine is equipped with a cold weather starting system.
An electronic control module monitors engine conditions and controls the intake heater grids.
There is a wait-to-start lamp next to the ignition switch that shuts off when engine can be started.
Transmission: Rebuilt Getrag G-360 five speed manual overdrive with new forward/reverse
Chelsea PTO, new clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and throw-out bearing.
Clutch is hydraulically operated.
There is also a neutral safety switch that will not allow the engine to start unless the clutch is depressed.
Transfer case: Rebuilt New Process 200 with separate drive flanges for each axle.
Transfer case is equipped with a gear lube cooling system. This system monitors transfer case temperature. The pump comes on when the temperature reaches 185 degrees. The gear lube is moved through a heat exchanger where it is cooled with an electric fan and returned to the t-case. The system will shut off when the temperature drops below 170 degrees. There is a remote reservoir for filling the transfer case. T-case is filled with synthetic gear lube.
Axle gear ratio is 4:89
Front axle has a Lock-Rite locking differential, lock-out hubs, disc brakes, power steering and hydraulic steering stabilizer.
Rear axles are rebuilt with original brakes and open differentials.
Vacuum operated power brakes.
Seven - 9:00 x 16 spin balanced Power King tires.
Full set of tire chains (6)
Front and rear winches
Front winch is standard Braden Power Wagon MU2winch with 200’ of 7/16” cable.
Rear winch is a Garwood 12,000 lb. model with app 300 feet of ½ inch cable, and two capstan type drums on each side for rope work.
Winches are PTO driven from a live Tel-A-Lect gear box. This gear box is driven off a transmission mounted PTO. The Tel-A-Lect box can select front or rear winch and wind or unwind cable. The box is controlled with two levers mounted on the driver’s side of the frame.
The fifth wheel is rated at 16,000 lbs
Receiver hitch Original rotating pintle hook
Trailer wiring at the rear and middle of the truck.
12 volt electrical system
Replaceable standard halogen headlight bulbs.
GM style headlight switch
AM/FM radio
Electric trailer brake controller
Back-up lights
Back-up alarm
High mounted rear work lights
High mounted brake light
Front A-post mounted rotating spot light
Front marker lights
Cab roof mounted clearance lights
Full turn signals with hazard flasher
Dome light with door jamb switches
Custom bucket seats
Custom interior panels
Heat and sound proofing materials applied to the inside, underside and firewall of cab.
Two speed heater/defroster with manual temperature control knob.
Vacuum operated wipers
Class “C” fire extinguisher
Tinted glass
Left hand and right hand side mounted fuel tanks.
Tanks can be selected by flipping a fuel tank selector switch on the dash. Each tank’s fuel level can be read independently.
App 50 gallon combined fuel capacity.
Custom rear cab guard with swing-out spare tire carrier and integrated chain box.

Attachments

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

It looks like he is not afraid to get it dirty, and also has this to haul around, according to a Pirate post. Another post said it was a WC-62/63 frame and stuff.

Here is the post quoted: "I went to a Mopar show Sunday, and there was a perfecly restored Power Wagon WM 300 Tow truck there, but even cooler was the rig he towed it to the show with, It was another WM300, with a Cummins and a 5 speed swapped in, along with the dual rear axle setup fom a WWII WC 1 1/2 Ton. No bed, but a beefy headache rack with a Huge PTO winch (Drum was about 24" across and ~ 20" in Diameter. and a PTO front winch. Each axle had its own drive shaft, and there was a PTO splitter for the 2 winches. All told there were 5 driveshafts running under the truck!!
The engine had the last 2 cylinders under the cowl, so legroom was a little comprimised, but **** that thing was cool"

Attachments

Last edited:

TGP (IL)

@TGP Tom do you know any other details about the truck? What did he use for the frame and rear axles? Any build specifics that his add didn't go into detail about that you might be able to share?

DangerRanger answered that for me.
I do have a few pictures of the "doghouse" mod.
Tom

Attachments

Capt.Marion

It looks like he is not afraid to get it dirty, and also has this to haul around, according to a Pirate post. Another post said it was an M62/63 frame and stuff.
WC62/63 frame and stuff, I'd assume? The M62 is a 5-ton wrecker.

I'm not going to lie, that's the sharpest looking build I've seen in a long time.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only major thing I would've done differently is use dually axles in the rear, perhaps the stock WC-62 axles modded for this purpose. Pickup trucks with fifth wheels and singles in the rear make me cringe, I've heard of accidents because of rear end sway in fifth-wheel equipped singled-out trucks. Other than that, a very cool truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks