• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - February VOTE HERE!

Vote for February SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well!

1. TMNT
tmnt.jpg

2. DaveP
davep.jpg

3. Papabear
papabear.jpg

4. Tow4
to4.jpg

5. Davesgmc
davesgmc.jpg

6. Zout
zout.gif

7. Swiss
swiss.jpg

8. Bob H
bobh.JPG

9. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

10. Jerseyhick
jerseyhick.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
11. RangerBob
rangerbob.jpg

12. M1008a1its
m1008a1its.jpg

13. Cucvnut
cucvnut.jpg

14. Walkerhunter
walkerhunter.jpg

15. Wildchild467
wildchild467.jpg

16. Kenm352a
kenm352a.jpg

17. airbornebandsman
airbornebandsman.jpg

18. M920
M920.jpg

19. vtdeucedriver
vtdeucedriver.jpg

20. SuperDave
superdave.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was out of the thread loop (time difference and some other urgent things came up), Swiss thanks for not waiting for me but putting up the pics of the wrecker yourself.

There sure are a lot of great trucks, and the idea of a truck of the month is pretty cool as well.

I don't think that the most perfect looking truck should always win, but that the story behind the truck and its owner should be part of the decision. Even if it still looks a wreck(er) :wink:. Sometimes the story is more important than the esthetics. That's why I nominated Swiss' wrecker.

Swiss has gone out of his way for the MV hobby (see his and my signatures) and spent a considerable amount of time and money for it, time and money he could have used for working on or dreaming about his own MV. It's a job that needed to be done and he is doing it, not expecting any applause. ... That's exactly why we should give it.

A great looking truck still will be a great looking truck next month and can be nominated again. However, this month is a special month for all GA MV owners, and Swiss is pointman in helping to ensure that these people can legally own and enjoy all their MVs. So this month let's vote for # 7, Old Yellar, the only wrecker in the list in appreciation of Swiss' work for the GA Bill.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patracy, I know it means again extra work for you, but would it be possible to make a small text box next to each truck? In the box each contestant should write model and year made, and maybe also a link to the story on that truck. Optional also a few words extra about what is so special about this truck and why it should be voted for. Say, max 100 words or 500 characters. Now, those promotional words are snowed under lower in this thread or in the original submitting thread, making finding out more about those trucks too difficult.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Patracy, I know it means again extra work for you, but would it be possible to make a small text box next to each truck? In the box each contestant should write model and year made, and maybe also a link to the story on that truck. Optional also a few words extra about what is so special about this truck and why it should be voted for. Say, max 100 words or 500 characters. Now, those promotional words are snowed under lower in this thread or in the original submitting thread, making finding out more about those trucks too difficult.

I think once the list is made and the poll thread started the nomination thread should be closed so all the campaigning is done on this (poll) thread.
I don't see much need to monkey with the current set up as I like to keep up with folk's comments posted on the vehicles in the poll thread without going back and forth between threads.:goodjob:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think once the list is made and the poll thread started the nomination thread should be closed so all the campaigning is done on this (poll) thread.
I don't see much need to monkey with the current set up as I like to keep up with folk's comments posted on the vehicles in the poll thread without going back and forth between threads.:goodjob:
I agree, but I was thinking only about something small. For example, take your truck posted by Zout. Next to it could be a small text box saying

1942 WC22
Another one saved, watch the timeline
Here is the build thread
Submitted because I like reading 53 pages of build thread :grin: :wink:

Further on in the thread Zout and others can canvas for your and other trucks, make nice speeches, the works. With this bit of extra info at least I can immediately see what kind of truck it is and where I can find good info on it without having to search through all the posts and in other threads because nobody has promoted that truck further than nominating it without comment.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If contestants would provide a link/explanation to add to the thread, I'd have no problem with that. However, it seems following the basic guidelines is a bit difficult. Perhaps when the routine of things set in more we can "dress it up" some more?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe for future months, the vehicle owner could submit a better picture if they like. Several pictures are under exposed or in shadows and it's hard to see detail.

I also noticed only a few of the pictures pop up in a viewing window. Is that a page setting?

Lots of good looking trucks in this months competition!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe for future months, the vehicle owner could submit a better picture if they like. Several pictures are under exposed or in shadows and it's hard to see detail.

I also noticed only a few of the pictures pop up in a viewing window. Is that a page setting?

Lots of good looking trucks in this months competition!
If the owner will reply in the nomination thread with a better pic, I'd be fine with using it for the poll/display pic. Working with what was presented otherwise, that's why some pics are tiny as they were submitted that way.

davesgmc

if you vote for davesgmc, i will get a discounted cookies in the lunch room,,,oh wait,,,wrong election,,,,if you vote davesgmc with his elmo truck i will give you a ride,,,scratch that, i'll let ya drive it if you come to visit!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks