• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - February VOTE HERE!

Vote for February SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm.......... the 3 top runners right now are the 3 most heavily modified,
yet Soni's (M920) While not really looking that modified in my opinion, is quite amazing and I bet has caught the attention of the folks at AM General and Oshkosh.
I have seen and heard DaveP's in person, Impressive, and you really notice when Jake barks :shock:

davesgmc

you should hear my 2 stroke Detroit uncorked and running strait out the pipe. guarantee you can hear it from a mile away at wide open throttle. cant wait til i get my jake brake and 6 inch stack on!

RangerBob

I threw a vote for the 601 because its not as common as the others.

Ahh, a man of distinction and a true connoiseur of rare locomotion. You have cast your vote for what may be one of only ten still in existence; a forgotten cold warrior of the ice and snow. You have earned your place amongst the Order of the Blue Icicle. :wink:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ahh, a man of distinction and a true connoiseur of rare locomotion. You have cast your vote for what may be one of only ten still in existence; a forgotten cold warrior of the ice and snow. You have earned your place amongst the Order of the Blue Icicle. :wink:
It is indeed a classic vehicle and definately worthy of consideration for the MV of the month.:beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying to vote for #11 RangerBob. I am unable to select that entry and then submit. Can someone help?
So what exactly is going on? Should be nothing more than hitting the dot to the right of his row and clicking submit. Are you using a computer? Or a smartphone/tablet/exc? (Phones/tablets/exc won't work properly sometimes)

WARWAG

I voted for RANGERBOB's #11 Entry due to the fact that no other vehicle listed helped to protect the United States more than the Thiokol 601 used by the Air Force to haul soldiers and supplies to and from the D.E.W. Line. If it had not been for them the U.S. and Canada surely would have been nuked by the Russians. Not to take away from any other entry as they all deserve respect for there service to our men and women of the Armed Forces and our Counrty. For a better understanding of how important and how hostile an environment it was just search under the DEW Line. You will have a great appreciation for these vehicles and the men that used them.

(I was trying to vote with my phone before. Needed a real computer it seems to vote. Thanks for the help.)

Last edited:

zout

Joe - you must have not read PB's thread on his WC22 -
45th infanty 2nd Army - WW2 - and it shows as assigned to a Col.

Can you take back your vote and re-vote in the right direction ???

zout

While you all sit here and decide who has won - did I tell ya all one day I called PB and told him after the third day his WC was at my place and stripped down farther than what he imagined or wanted when he dropped it off.

So I call him on the phone and tell him - EY BRO - I shoved the WC outside the door to pressure wash it - when I got home I found the WC on the ground like this - what I can figure is someone stole ALL the body work off it and sold it for scrap metal - so PB is in a state of mind wether I am messing with him OR someone actually stole all the metal - the meaning of this all is - after PB dropped off the WC in 3 days this is the state of what his WC restoration was in - please go back and read his build thread on this - if your not astounded you need to spend a weekend with me once his KC hits the DZPhoto1620.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't tell me that with only two weeks to go to get the GA bill approved I cannot get more than my own vote for Old Yellar (where does that name come from?) as thanks for his work? Not one GA MV owner voting for him? Besides, its the only wrecker on the list, its original and its working, what more do you want!

There's only one excuse for not voting.. if you have donated already to the cause.
th.jpg (Swiss' wrecker) or smileys-money-287793.gif

cobra5

I think for next month if you choose to run this again, I'd have the member submit a picture of their vehicle with a short narrative about it. When you the moderator post them, I'd lock the post to just a vote otherwise it becomes a thread with every ones comments. To keep it from having to be continuously bumped so it stays at the top, why not just add it as a sticky.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think for next month if you choose to run this again, I'd have the member submit a picture of their vehicle with a short narrative about it. When you the moderator post them, I'd lock the post to just a vote otherwise it becomes a thread with every ones comments. To keep it from having to be continuously bumped to keep it at the top why not just add it as a sticky.
I mentioned earlier, I'd be fine with that.

I will not be locking the thread though. If it was a sticky, it'd get no views. *ahem* rules, common questions, common repairs, exc. *ahem*

Plus having the conversation is part of the fun.

M920

Wow! I'm actually in the lead?!?!....:shock: That is very exciting! I just hope it stays that way! lol

It would certainly be very cool to win FEBRUARY, since this month marks the one year anniversary of the FEMTT build!

All I can say at this point is, that there are certainly a bunch of really sweet MVs in this month line up and every one of them deserves the votes, so I'm honored and want to extend a big THANK YOU for the nomination and to everybody that gave their vote to the FEMTT!

Soni

Attachments