• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

73X

I finally decided to put some wipers on that are worth a crap. The total on all of the parts came to about $30.00. I ordered them through a local Napa dealer.
It was $14.89 per side.
The arms are Anco part number 41-01,
The wipers are Anco part number 31-13.
The arms are adjustable for length plus or minus one inch and they are also adjustable for arm angle.
Pull the stock arm,
Install the proper knurled adapter with a drop of red loc-tite and new included nut,
Put the wiper on the arm with the included fitting,
Put a drop of red loc-tite on the arm and install.
The install was an easy twenty minute job but the results are well worth it.

Attachments

Last edited:

73X

Update:
We here in my part of Oakland County got freezing drizzle last night and while out driving my truck I tried the wipers and HOLY COW they worked and I could see. No streaking, gaps not being cleaned or screeching, just a clean windshield. Life is good.

2-4 inches of snow is being forecasted for Thursday lets see how they work then.

Last edited:

tiger422

I looked into this my local napa said they could not get them the Bumper to Bumper parts house wants $40.00 per arm. NOT
I guess I will order somewhere else.
Jim

unclemikey

Also you can run snow blades. Looks beefy like the deuce, cleans better and will last a lot longer. Good post!.......I will be going shopping this weekend,
Thanks for the info ! :-D

73X

Here in Mi. where I am located we are getting snowed on a bit. So far today we have gotten about 4 or so inches and the wipers worked great. The heater kept the truck warm and the windows clear and the wipers worked..
As far as I am concerned the wipers are a great success I am very pleased.

Last edited:
Just added this exact setup to my deuce. The only difficulty I had was when putting the arms on the wiper motors, getting them so they didn't hit the window frames. You got your pics posted before me, but I think I'll just post the link to your thread. Also glad to see you couldn't get the nut flush either, I was worried a little about that. Just paint them green, now, and they'll look really good.

73X

I was a bit concerned about the nut also but hey that's what loc-tite is for ain't it.
Please feel free to post your pics here I would love to see them.

jarhead1086

Thanks 73X. Huge improvement with the winter blades. I enjoyed throwing the old ones in the garbage where they belong. A little green from Milspray and they look right at home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks