• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

73X

I finally decided to put some wipers on that are worth a crap. The total on all of the parts came to about $30.00. I ordered them through a local Napa dealer.
It was $14.89 per side.
The arms are Anco part number 41-01,
The wipers are Anco part number 31-13.
The arms are adjustable for length plus or minus one inch and they are also adjustable for arm angle.
Pull the stock arm,
Install the proper knurled adapter with a drop of red loc-tite and new included nut,
Put the wiper on the arm with the included fitting,
Put a drop of red loc-tite on the arm and install.
The install was an easy twenty minute job but the results are well worth it.

Attachments

Last edited:

73X

Update:
We here in my part of Oakland County got freezing drizzle last night and while out driving my truck I tried the wipers and HOLY COW they worked and I could see. No streaking, gaps not being cleaned or screeching, just a clean windshield. Life is good.

2-4 inches of snow is being forecasted for Thursday lets see how they work then.

Last edited:

tiger422

I looked into this my local napa said they could not get them the Bumper to Bumper parts house wants $40.00 per arm. NOT
I guess I will order somewhere else.
Jim

unclemikey

Also you can run snow blades. Looks beefy like the deuce, cleans better and will last a lot longer. Good post!.......I will be going shopping this weekend,
Thanks for the info ! :-D

73X

Here in Mi. where I am located we are getting snowed on a bit. So far today we have gotten about 4 or so inches and the wipers worked great. The heater kept the truck warm and the windows clear and the wipers worked..
As far as I am concerned the wipers are a great success I am very pleased.

Last edited:
Just added this exact setup to my deuce. The only difficulty I had was when putting the arms on the wiper motors, getting them so they didn't hit the window frames. You got your pics posted before me, but I think I'll just post the link to your thread. Also glad to see you couldn't get the nut flush either, I was worried a little about that. Just paint them green, now, and they'll look really good.

73X

I was a bit concerned about the nut also but hey that's what loc-tite is for ain't it.
Please feel free to post your pics here I would love to see them.

jarhead1086

Thanks 73X. Huge improvement with the winter blades. I enjoyed throwing the old ones in the garbage where they belong. A little green from Milspray and they look right at home.