• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro Hubs

skidder

I was on the phone for a few hrs to day looking for a good price on Selectro Hubs , Summit has them for $502.88 shipped to you .Call 1-800-230-3030 Ext.5727 an talk to GUY, Selectro's Part # 11167-01 , an tell him you are a member of the Steel Soldiers He told me they will hold this price for a couple of mo. SKIDDER

mudguppy

fyi - you can get Ouverson hubs for less from a member here. much better quality and upgradeable.

on edit: i was wrong, i didn't get OEM hubs for less than the price listed above, but the difference is not that much, includes shipping, and i would gladly pay more for the hubs i have.

Last edited:

markmontana

I always liked the Selectro hubs more than the others because they don't seem to stick out so far. Probably not a real issue to be concerned with.

Seems best would just be to go with the best price you can find- the axle is either engaged or not, both units would get the job done.

mudguppy

I always liked the Selectro hubs more than the others because they don't seem to stick out so far. ...
i like to believe this equates to a larger hub collar with a longer stroke and increase spline contact area. all of which could affect ultimate strength in the relationship between the two.

...but that's an assumption. i have no proof or valid data.

and, no, i'm not going to take my hub off just to measure. :mrgreen:

mudguppy

i agree - it depends on the wheels you have. i have modified HEMTT wheels and they don't protrude outside of the wheel.

that's a decent deal on Selectro's, though.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm leaning towards OEM just because I want to do a back axle in addition to the front and I might as well keep everything the same.

sponaugle

fyi - you can get Ouverson hubs for less from a member here. much better quality and upgradeable.

on edit: i was wrong, i didn't get OEM hubs for less than the price listed above, but the difference is not that much, includes shipping, and i would gladly pay more for the hubs i have.
I am curious how these and the Ouversons compare to the AVM hubs? Difference in construction I assume?

Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks