• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro Hubs

skidder

I was on the phone for a few hrs to day looking for a good price on Selectro Hubs , Summit has them for $502.88 shipped to you .Call 1-800-230-3030 Ext.5727 an talk to GUY, Selectro's Part # 11167-01 , an tell him you are a member of the Steel Soldiers He told me they will hold this price for a couple of mo. SKIDDER

mudguppy

fyi - you can get Ouverson hubs for less from a member here. much better quality and upgradeable.

on edit: i was wrong, i didn't get OEM hubs for less than the price listed above, but the difference is not that much, includes shipping, and i would gladly pay more for the hubs i have.

Last edited:

markmontana

I always liked the Selectro hubs more than the others because they don't seem to stick out so far. Probably not a real issue to be concerned with.

Seems best would just be to go with the best price you can find- the axle is either engaged or not, both units would get the job done.

mudguppy

I always liked the Selectro hubs more than the others because they don't seem to stick out so far. ...
i like to believe this equates to a larger hub collar with a longer stroke and increase spline contact area. all of which could affect ultimate strength in the relationship between the two.

...but that's an assumption. i have no proof or valid data.

and, no, i'm not going to take my hub off just to measure. :mrgreen:

mudguppy

i agree - it depends on the wheels you have. i have modified HEMTT wheels and they don't protrude outside of the wheel.

that's a decent deal on Selectro's, though.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm leaning towards OEM just because I want to do a back axle in addition to the front and I might as well keep everything the same.

sponaugle

fyi - you can get Ouverson hubs for less from a member here. much better quality and upgradeable.

on edit: i was wrong, i didn't get OEM hubs for less than the price listed above, but the difference is not that much, includes shipping, and i would gladly pay more for the hubs i have.
I am curious how these and the Ouversons compare to the AVM hubs? Difference in construction I assume?

Jeff