• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DLA Audit/Inspection Warning

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how many of you have received a notification from DLA that they wanted to see all your paperwork on the disposition of a specific piece of gear that required an EUC?

I scrapped a trailer last year that had been sitting for 3 years. It's my fault for not following exactly what it says on the EUC but then again I wonder how many people actually follow the rules on it.

DLA says:

"If you plan on disposing any of the vehicles, make 2 copies of that section of the document one for you and the other for the buyer, have them print and sign both copies. One for you and one for them. "

I don't nor do I ever plan on transferring anything with an EUC to a foreign entity but I didn't know it covered scrapping as well.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a paper trail (not just hanging from my trouser leg either) on all my stuff, EUC or not.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I still think you should have asked him if he had any outstanding hooker debts like his secret service brothers that were in the news. I wonder if a hooker requires an EUC, if not do you get HIV?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, what's the penalty if you do not have that "paper trail"? How long must we hold this info?

Will you be incarcerated, anytime soon?

Bighurt

How is parting a truck effected, each part buyer signs that doesn't make any sense.

Reason I say that is you probably kept a few parts that were still serviceable. I know a scrapper in Kansas keeps tires bows and sides if they are good. None of those parts are serialized.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a written (and signed) letter of warning officially putting me on notice that there is a possibility of never being able to buy anything in the future that requires an EUC.

As far as I know there is no time limit on how long you have to keep it. I'm sure every scrapper is really going to want to sign two pieces of paper and give me one.

BTW, it also covers parting out a truck or trailer as well. It does not say if you have to keep track of everything or not. The way it reads is you have to track every part but I'm confirming that now.

Nice enough guy doing his job even though I think it is really not necessary to track scrap or parts.

DH, I'm not going in alone................

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
SO mutalation required means you can build a bobber, what about al the other bobbers and then sold, does mean the euc needs to go with the bobber

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DLA says:

"If you plan on disposing any of the vehicles, make 2 copies of that section of the document one for you and the other for the buyer, have them print and sign both copies. One for you and one for them. "
Here's an interesting thought.

If DLA is going to consider a trailer(or a truck) a vehicle, why don't they conform to motor vehicle laws(as far as the sale of said item) I say no title, not a vehicle(scrap).

Did the trailer in question, come with a title?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you are all sitting down.

"Mr. Bradley,
Unfortunately you have to provide the instructions to every person that gets a piece of the truck."

XXXXXXXXX
Senior Special Agent

I'm sure everyone here is going to comply immediately. Can you imagine the size of the paper trail on parted out trucks.

I'm not going back to ask him any more questions because the last thing I want to do is tick him off at me. I gave him his answers quickly and respectfully.

You can come up with a solution for parting out a truck (I have my own thoughts on it) but every part that you sell must have a copy of the paperwork go with it and you have to keep a signed copy of said paperwork in case you get audited like me.

Good luck.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, how much money is wasted annually, checking up on the sales of obsolete trailers.(and why)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like, we're all going to jail with you...

Who's going to make it to the 2013 SteelSoldiers Elkton Ohio Federal Penitentiary Rally?

Wreckerman, can your shirt guy do stripes?

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the trailer in question, come with a title?

Funny DH.

No, just the usual paid in full invoice that my GL rep took when I picked it up.

If everyone thinks this is some late April Fools joke guess again. I have the complete two-day e-mail thread saved along with a PDF copy of my official warning letter.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I hope you are all sitting down.

"Mr. Bradley,
Unfortunately you have to provide the instructions to every person that gets a piece of the truck."

XXXXXXXXX
Senior Special Agent

I'm sure everyone here is going to comply immediately. Can you imagine the size of the paper trail on parted out trucks.

I'm not going back to ask him any more questions because the last thing I want to do is tick him off at me. I gave him his answers quickly and respectfully.

You can come up with a solution for parting out a truck (I have my own thoughts on it) but every part that you sell must have a copy of the paperwork go with it and you have to keep a signed copy of said paperwork in case you get audited like me.

Good luck.
What about the items, parts, etc... that were stolen from you which you did not file a police report for? Know what I mean? Anything in the EUC docs about this?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about the big scrapers like BFR, do thay need a paper trail clean to china, then follow the toaster to where ever it goes

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about the items, parts, etc... that were stolen from you which you did not file a police report for? Know what I mean? Anything in the EUC docs about this?
I did not see anything. DLA form DL1822 Sec III Line 4 is what got me and it is what will get everyone that cannot produce paperwork for every EUC tracked item.

I also put this in the mess hall to limit exposure but if a mod wants to put into conversation feel free. It might help someone else be prepared.

AceHigh

That is a good gig for that Senior Special Agent. In addition to his GS pay scale by having the title Special Agent he qualifies for the 25% extra pay for federal law enforcement officers. Cool job chasing trailer residue and getting overpaid plus a big bonus. Not exactly hazardous duty for sure. :shock:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

4. When MLI/CCLI property is transferred, the information in this form regarding the above laws and regulations must be
passed to the subsequent purchaser/receiver. Records of Resale in buyer's possession should be available for Trade Security
Controls Office review, if requested.
I read "should be", not "must be"​